Oxford’s AI research is world-renowned, bringing together a huge network of cross-industry innovation, partnership and collaboration to tackle some of the most pressing AI challenges of the day. With ground-breaking research and insights at its core, this postgraduate diploma will enable you to reimagine your approach to AI, taking it from a strategic goal to a practical tool, and considering the ethical implications as you future-proof your organisation.
Oxford Executive Diploma in Artificial Intelligence for Business
- One year
- Part time
About the programme
Are you ready to leverage the power of artificial intelligence (AI) in your organisation?
AI is no longer a technology problem but a leadership opportunity. Both current and future global leaders who are, or aspire to be, involved in the application, management or governance of AI, should focus on evolving their leadership approach to maintain an advantage in the digital age. Failure to stay ahead of the curve could mean your organisation is left behind.
The Oxford Executive Diploma in Artificial Intelligence for Business is designed to empower a community of experienced executives, technical specialists, and future leaders with the practical tools to ethically leverage AI in their organisations.
This immersive and interactive programme is built on the academic rigour of a specialised Oxford master’s-level qualification, comprising of four modules taught in Oxford over one year:
- The landscape of technological disruption
- The business of big data and machine learning
- AI in practice
- Strategic leadership in the age of AI
You will develop the best practices required to use AI to effectively transform business processes, drive performance and maintain a competitive edge.
AI is to the 2020s what railroads were to the 1880s - essential for success in all sectors. This programme will help you understand the implications of that for your business.
World-leading research from world-class faculty.
You and your class
You and your peers will be experienced practitioners, technical specialists, business executives and future AI leaders from around the world who are looking to:
- develop a holistic understanding of AI in order to effectively oversee its application, management and governance in their organisations.
- gain a specialist perspective of how AI works in practice
- learn how to utilise AI effectively and ethically as their role evolves
- launch and scale artificial intelligence-based start-ups and ventures
- sharpen their strategic approach to successfully harness the power of AI in their organisations moving forward
Class profile (2021-23)
Become part of a close-knit community of AI professionals from across all sectors and around the world.
Projected class size
You don’t have to be an AI expert to get a lot of value from this programme. Some people have strong technical backgrounds, and others have strong industry experience. The diploma encourages you to open your mind to new ideas and creative solutions.
- Gain an accredited, master’s-level University of Oxford qualification upon completion
- Become part of a global community of AI professionals
- Advance your knowledge of AI to navigate the digital age
- Learn from live examples and industry guest speakers at the forefront of their fields
- Study part-time and immediately apply your learnings
- Learn from world-class faculty
- Expand your global professional network
- Access the latest world-leading research and insights
- Become a resilient leader ready to lead in the age of AI
- Enjoy exclusive Oxford benefits (see below)
To your organisation
- Retain and nurture top talent to support organisational development and succession planning
- Benefit from participant diversity that encourages thinking beyond the bounds of individual organisations, geographies and sectors
- Gain practical solutions to address their greatest challenges through the findings from your Final Integrative Assignment (FIA)
You will benefit from a variety of unique Oxford experiences.
- Programme dinners with your cohort at historic Oxford colleges
- An Oxford Union-style debate
- Insights sessions to enrich your learning
- Impact workshops to help you elevate your presence
- Social events such as punting, college visits and walking tours
- Associate Oxford college membership
- Membership of the prestigious University of Oxford alumni network and Oxford Business Alumni (OBA) Network, upon successful completion of the programme
- A traditional Oxford end-of-course celebration event with family and friends
After studying only one module and hearing about the different reasons that nearly 40 people have joined the programme, I can already see the valuable outcomes that we’ll get out of studying the diploma. It’s hugely eye-opening and transformational.
A pathway to Oxford’s Executive MBA
Whilst the Diploma in Artificial Intelligence for Business is a stand-alone postgraduate qualification, the programme also offers a route towards the Oxford Executive MBA. Should diploma participants choose to pursue the Executive MBA, and gain a place on the programme, they will receive exemptions from four module assessments, as well as a fee reduction. Attendance will be required at all modules, regardless of assessment exemption.
This accredited AI diploma is designed for experienced executives, typically with an upper-second class undergraduate degree or equivalent at a minimum, and at least five years’ relevant work experience.
There are 60 places available in each of our 2024 cohorts. The programme has received an average of 70 applications per year over the past three years (applications for entry in 2021-23).
Scholarships and funding
Our scholarship awards recognise exceptional talent across our diploma community.
In each class we offer:
- Two Director’s Awards
- Two Women’s Scholarships
- One Rewley Award
- Three Oxford Alumni Scholarships
Funded by the generosity of an Executive Diploma alumnus, we also offer one scholarship for an exceptional African female candidate across all our diploma programmes.
Total programme fee for both home and overseas participants is £30,890.
The fee covers tuition costs, course materials, essential reading texts, assessments and associate college membership. Lunch and refreshments are provided daily, and there is a special evening dinner with your cohort during each module.
Accommodation is not included in the fee. You should make arrangements to stay in Oxford during the modules.