Together we have created an innovative integrated programme that harnesses the University’s world-leading expertise in healthcare, business and policy. Our faculty will work with colleagues in the Nuffield Department of Medicine and draw on expertise across the wider University to ensure a rounded, relevant and expert learning experience.
MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership
- 18 months + dissertation
- Part time
About the programme
Global health challenges have highlighted the complexity of decision making in healthcare systems and the need for good leadership.
The MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership seeks to develop experienced leaders with the skills to deliver affordable, effective and efficient healthcare in complex global systems.
The programme takes a holistic approach, looking at healthcare from an individual, organisational and systematic perspective. It will help you develop resilience and the ability to innovate and strengthen healthcare provisions.
Intellectually rigorous and highly practical, the part-time modular format consists of seven in-person modules and one module online. During these courses, you’ll benefit from discussion and networking with an international group of world-class faculty, guest experts and peers.
- Healthcare leader: Personal perspectives and challenges
- Organisational leadership
- Systems leading in comparative health systems
- Leading with evidence-based healthcare
- Healthcare innovation
- Healthcare policy and systems
- Challenges in global health
- Evidence-based healthcare: Study design and research methods
University of Oxford partnership
The programme is led by the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences in partnership with Saïd Business School.
This is a unique opportunity for healthcare leaders to reflect on their experience and develop new insights. It will take a global perspective, creating a new community of practice designed to build resilience and expertise for the future.
- Develop crucial leadership, resilience and innovation skills
- Gain the in-depth knowledge required to make informed, evidence-based decisions
- Learn how others manage data and lead their healthcare delivery
- Build a professional network of scientific, medical and business experts
- Become a member of the Oxford community
To your organisation
- Immediately applicable content
- Practical frameworks
- Encourages innovation within health systems
- Access game-changing research
- Retain and develop top achievers and high-potential employees
Expected class profile
You will develop a network of lifelong value from your highly diverse, international and senior class.
Saïd Business School and the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences are both embedded at the heart of the University of Oxford.
Each module will provide interaction and networking opportunities with classmates, faculty and industry guests - whilst offering you privileged access to different parts of the historic Oxford University.
You will become a member of one of the University's colleges. This membership enables you to make wider connections with a multidisciplinary community of Oxford faculty and students.
After you have completed the programme, you will also become a member of the Oxford Business Alumni Network (OBA), offering valuable ongoing networking and learning opportunities.
As health systems address the challenges of the 21st century, balancing limited resources with the needs of ageing populations with more chronic diseases, the need for high quality leadership is more important than ever.
Who can apply?
The programme is designed for experienced healthcare managers and leaders.
You should have strong academic and professional credentials with over five years' relevant professional experience.
You will be an experienced middle to senior-level healthcare manager and leader seeking to move on to a more senior job within your organisation and extend and deepen your professional expertise.
The cost of the 2021-2023 programme is £46,800
- Tuition, lunch, refreshments and one college dinner per module
- University and College services