- Personalised support with your tutor throughout the week and in your individual follow up session
- Opportunities for self-development and building your self-awareness
- Draw on innovative research and varied learning styles to encourage your thinking and explore new perspectives
- Diverse insights from our faculty and your peers
Oxford Strategic Leadership Programme
- Start dates:
- 6 days
- £13,500 plus accommodation
About the programme
Challenge your assumptions and think creatively about the issues you face as a senior leader on this six-day experiential programme.
With support from 15 core faculty members, your learning will involve small-group tutorials, lectures and practical sessions. In these, you will explore the following questions:
- what can I do as a leader that no one else can do?
- which personal qualities can I build on to deliver organisational success?
- how can I harness my personal strengths to inspire my teams?
Drawing on the humanities, the programme introduces you to a range of new ideas, experiences and ways of thinking. It will push you out of what you know and where you feel most comfortable.
This programme attracts leaders from all over the world and many different sectors who will provide a fresh perspective on your personal leadership challenges. You will share experiences with other leaders in a stimulating environment and build long-term relationships within a global network.
On completion, you will return to your role with greater clarity and vision, equipped to meet the future challenges of your organisation.
Find out what our alumni think about this programme in this short video.
An introduction to the programme
What our alumni say
Excellent leadership course. Great participants from across the globe. It's the most insightful, thought-provoking and inspiring programme I've ever seen.
- Gain new perspectives of your leadership in a changing context
- Explore your personal leadership challenges with fresh insights
- Obtain greater clarity of thought and vision
- Form relationships with global leaders and share ideas and experiences
To your business
- Re-energised leaders with greater strategic focus
- New ideas to help your organisation flourish
- Access to a diverse global community
Why choose the Strategic Leadership Programme?
Women at Oxford Saïd
Caroline Scotter Mainprize investigates the differences between the Women Transforming Leadership and the Oxford Strategic Leadership Programme in 'Spoilt for choice: Oxford’s options for developing women leaders.'
When you join the programme you will become part of a truly global OSLP community consisting of:
Joining the programme
Who can apply?
This programme is for senior leaders with direct responsibility for leading large teams and making strategic decisions. Typically, candidates have held senior leadership roles for at least 10 years.
- Submit your application
- Telephone Interview
- Committee review
- Final decision
At the interview stage you will be required to articulate:
- the scope of your role and its impact on organisational success
- your team/part of the organisation and its operations
- your key leadership challenges
- your personal development goals
Next programme dates:
15 - 20 November 2020
23 - 28 May 2021
Recruitment for programmes will close one week prior to the programme start date, unless they become fully subscribed in advance.
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials, coffee breaks and most meals: £13,500
Accommodation fee: £700
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.