Terms and conditions/your data
Terms and conditions for Open Programmes
Note that these terms do not apply to you if we have agreed terms directly with your employing organisation.
BETWEEN: The Chancellor Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford on behalf of its Saïd Business School (the School); and
Open Programmes applicants and participants (referred to as “you” or “your”).
The School will endeavour to deliver the programme as described on the School’s website; however the School reserves the right to make alterations to the programme, including the timetable, location, content and method of delivery in response to operational demands.
References to fees include accommodation costs where accommodation is being booked by us.
- More than twelve (12) weeks before the commencement of the programme – payable within 30 days of receipt of invoice
- Twelve (12) weeks or less before the commencement of the programme – payable immediately on receipt of invoice
Places on programmes are allocated following receipt of the full fees subject to availability of places on the programme. Failure to pay the fees in full will mean that you are not able to attend the programme.
3. Cancellation by the School
The School may cancel the contract with you by giving notice in writing not less than six weeks before the commencement date. In such circumstances the School’s liability is limited to a refund of any fees already paid in respect of the programme.
4. Cancellation by you
You may cancel your enrolment on a programme at any time by giving the School notice in writing (including email to: firstname.lastname@example.org). The following fees are payable if you cancel:
- Between 6 and up to and including 12 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement of the programme – 20% of the fees
- Between 3 and less than 6 weeks’ notice prior to commencement of the programme – 50% of the fees
- Less than 3 weeks’ notice prior to commencement of the programme – 100% of the fees
5. Transfers prior to commencement of the programme
Participants may, subject to availability, transfer to a later iteration of the same programme, provided that the School is notified prior to the commencement of the original programme and on payment of the following transfer fees:
- 6 weeks’ notice or more prior to the commencement of the original programme – no transfer fee payable
- Between 3 and less than 6 weeks’ notice prior to commencement of the original programme – 25% of the fees for the original programme
- Less than 3 weeks’ notice prior to commencement of the original programme – 50% of the fees for the original programme
The transfer fees are payable in addition to the full fees for the iteration of the programme that you will be attending.
If a transfer to a later iteration of the programme is agreed less than 12 weeks prior to the start of the original programme and you then cancel your place on the new iteration of the programme (at any time), the School shall be entitled to retain the transfer fee and to charge the cancellation fees that would have been applicable to cancellation of the original programme based on the timing of the transfer.
You are eligible for one transfer only.
If there is a transfer fee and programme fees outstanding, then any payments will be applied to the transfer fee first. Both the programme fee and transfer fees must be paid before a programme place is secured.
6. Accommodation arranged by the School
In cases when accommodation has been arranged by the School and you wish to cancel your enrolment on a programme or transfer enrolment onto a later iteration of the same programme as outlined above, the following fees are payable in respect of the accommodation:
- Between 6 and up to and including 12 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement of the programme – 20% of the accommodation fees
- Between 3 and less than 6 weeks’ notice prior to commencement of the programme – 50% of the accommodation fees
- Less than 3 weeks’ notice prior to commencement of the programme – 100% of the accommodation fees
If you are transferring your place, these payments will be payable in addition to the accommodation fees on the new iteration of the programme.
7. Your commitment to the Programme
You agree to:
(a) arrive promptly, carry out all relevant preparation for programme sessions and engage fully with programme activities; and
(b) comply with all reasonable instructions and requirements in relation to delivery of the Programme (e.g. health and safety, confidentiality, use of devices in sessions, compliance with licence terms on programme materials)
(c) engage with faculty and other participants in a respectful manner.
If you fail to comply with the above requirements without proper reason, then we reserve the right to exclude you from sessions or from the programme as a whole (and to notify your funder of this if your fees are being paid to us by a third party) to ensure that your behaviour does not have a detrimental effect on the experience of other programme participants. In the event that you are excluded from the programme, or three (3) or more sessions of the programme, you will not receive a certificate of attendance or an invitation to join the Oxford Business Alumni (OBA) Network. No refunds will be payable to you where you are excluded from the programme or any sessions in these circumstances.
8. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. In the event that mediation is unable to resolve any issue, the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with this Agreement (including non-contractual disputes).
9. Third parties
For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this Agreement is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
In the course of completing this application/registration form/membership form/document, you have provided information about yourself (‘personal data’). We (the University of Oxford) are the ‘data controller’ for this information, which means we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and associated data protection legislation.
How we use your data
We will use your data to provide you with the services and/or products you have requested.
We need to process your data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contractual relationship.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your data within the University will be provided to those who need to view it as part of their work in carrying out the purposes described above.
We may share your data with companies who provide services to us, such as
- The wider University of Oxford (of which Saïd Business School is a department);
- Colleges of the University of Oxford;
- External organisations providing services to us, such as hotels, caterers, external faculty.
These companies are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Retaining your data
Oxford Saïd will retain your personal data for the duration of your course and for a period of 12 months after it has concluded, after which it will be securely destroyed. If you have indicated that you are content to receive marketing emails from us we will retain your email address in order to do this.
Your data will be held securely in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures. Further information is available on the University’s Information Security website (www.infosec.ox.ac.uk)
Where we store and use your data
We store and use your data on University premises in both a manual and electronic form.
Electronic data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ('EEA'), for example, when we communicate with you using a cloud based service provider that operates outside the EEA or where delivery of the programme takes place outside the EEA.
Such transfers will only take place if one of the following applies:
- the country receiving the data is considered by the EU to provide an adequate level of data protection;
- the organisation receiving the data is covered by an arrangement recognised by the EU as providing an adequate standard of data protection e.g. transfers to companies that are certified under the EU US Privacy Shield;
- the transfer is governed by approved contractual clauses;
- the transfer has your consent;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps requested by you prior to entering into that contract; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with another person, which is in your interests.
Information on your rights in relation to your personal data are explained here.
If you wish to raise any queries or concerns about our use of your data, please contact us at email@example.com
Saïd Business School
Executive Education Centre