Oxford Strategic Innovation Programme
- 6 weeks
- Short programme
About the programme
Challenge your assumptions and develop a mindset for innovation.
The Oxford Strategic Innovation Programme approaches innovation as a tool for handling challenges that cannot yet be predicted. You’ll deconstruct and redefine what innovation means, why it’s essential in business, and how it can be mobilised within organisations for competitive advantage.
With a critical thinking and analytical approach, you’ll explore ways to navigate the innovation process, and learn how to incorporate it within your organisational design, structure, and culture.
Over six weeks, you will be empowered to:
- Enhance your organisational value by incorporating innovation into the way you work and respond to challenges
- Analyse various innovation systems, strategies, and processes, and apply them within your own context
- Understand the ethics and governance considerations for business innovation
Delivered in collaboration with digital education provider GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand, you will be part of a community learning together through a dedicated Online Campus.
Introduction to the programme
It’s never the technology alone, it’s actually the set of sensibilities, awareness, and imagination that let us work with current technologies and turn them into new purpose
- A mindset that deconstructs and redefines what innovation means
- A toolkit to build capacity for and mobilise innovation in order to face future challenges and gain a competitive advantage
- Knowledge of various innovation systems and strategies that you can apply in the strategic management of your organisation
- Guidance from leading industry experts and Oxford Saïd faculty, and access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn
Welcome to your online campus.
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
A primer on innovation
Challenge popular cultural notions of innovation to understand the language and types of innovation, and the principles of building innovation systems.
Organising for innovation
Explore organisational design and the structural and cultural elements of a business that allow it to innovate.
Drivers of innovation: Technology and beyond
Explore models of innovation beyond popular notions of technological change and ‘disruption’.
4IR technology: Ethics and governance
Reflect on the ethics and governance considerations prompted by emerging technology.
Corporate innovation strategies and platforms
Consider the corporate landscape of innovation, how platforms organise market competition and, in turn, shape the nature of innovation.
Innovation in practice
Consider your context and the future of innovation in light of what you have learnt in this programme.
Options for organisations
If you are looking to integrate Oxford online programmes with your organisation’s learning and development strategy, we have tailored solutions to help deliver an innovative learning experience across teams.