Deb-B Seven Chew reflects on her experience of participating in three Oxford executive education programmes back-to-back, including the Oxford Programme on Negotiation.
Oxford Programme on Negotiation
- 5 days
- Short programme
- £7,800 plus accommodation (£1,350)
About the programme
Develop deep insights into what is really going on during negotiations.
You will analyse complex negotiations cases and practice what you learn through role plays and simulations many of which are written by the Oxford faculty. This will enable you to develop a robust framework for successful future negotiations, whether they are in person or online.
Working with experienced faculty and tutors, you will take an objective look at your own negotiating style, reflect on past negotiations and experiment with new approaches.
Participants come from a wide range of geographical, cultural and organisational backgrounds, bringing a very real and valuable diversity to the debate. Exchanging ideas and experiences with a diverse group of participants, as well as a range of practitioners and academics, will help you understand negotiating across cultures and different perspectives.
- Preparing for negotiations
- Creating value in negotiations
- Understanding decision-making in negotiations - how to negotiate rationally in a non-rational world
- Group decision-making in negotiations
- Negotiating in multi-party situations
- Communicating persuasively in negotiations
- Negotiating in a changing environment
- Conflict, value, perspective and culture in negotiations
- Getting a deal over the line
Introduction to the programme
- Evaluate your skills and develop a plan to maximise your negotiation potential
- Be a more confident and effective negotiator
- Work with tutors to understand your own negotiating style
- Master subconscious biases and frame information for maximum impact
- Lifetime membership of the Oxford Business Alumni Network
To your business
- A systematic and strategic approach to negotiation
- Approach multi-party, multi-issue, multi-cultural negotiations with confidence
- Gain co-operation and reach consensus
- Achieve better results with all stakeholders
The programme lived up to my expectations and I was able to benefit from it immediately with improved results in my relationships and negotiations with suppliers and clients alike.
Who can apply?
The Oxford Programme on Negotiation is suitable for both individuals and teams.
It is designed for senior executives with an average 10+ years experience, from private, public and non-profit sectors.
The profile of participants varies widely, including CEOs, directors, senior civil servants, military officers, political and educational leaders, officials of multilateral organisations, NGO executives and senior managers.
Find out more about accommodation options and how to apply for a programme.
Industry expert contributors
- Sue Williams - Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School
- Enda Young - Tutor
- Ning Wang - Tutor