Open to candidates who can effectively demonstrate how they will enhance the learning experience of the cohort through the diverse experience they have accumulated to date, these awards cover a portion of the course fees.
Executive MBA Director's Awards
Our Executive MBA Director’s Awards enable us to enhance the diversity of each EMBA cohort.
Partial awards up to a maximum of £30,000, covering a portion of the course fees.
There is no fixed number of awards available. The number of awardees in each intake of the programme will depend on the number of applicants and the amount awarded to each successful recipient.
All Executive MBA applicants are eligible.
- Academic excellence (candidates must be educated to degree level).
- How your background will enhance the diversity of the cohort.
- How the programme will benefit your sector/region in the long-term.
- Preference will be given to candidates that can effectively demonstrate how they will enhance the learning experience of the cohort through the diverse experience they have accumulated to date. This could include experience in working across multiple sectors and regions especially emerging markets.
- Preference will also be given to candidates from emerging markets or non-traditional backgrounds, such as (but not exclusively) voluntary charitable organisations, international organisations and military backgrounds.
How to apply
Candidates must submit a complete Executive MBA application and upload a supporting statement (maximum 400 words) in the Funding section of the programme application by the deadline in order to be considered.
The supporting statement must answer the following question:
How will your background enhance the diversity of the Executive MBA cohort, and how will the programme benefit your sector/region in the long-term?
January 2022 intake deadlines
- 5 April 2021
- 17 May 2021
- 26 July 2021
- 6 September 2021
Director's Awards will be awarded after each of the four admissions deadlines listed above, up until all of the available funding has been allocated. We cannot guarantee the availability of these awards in our later application stages, so early application is recommended.
Assessing candidate suitability
Candidates' suitability for these awards will be assessed via both the supporting statement and the Executive MBA application form.
The CV and transcripts submitted with the programme application may be used when assessing award suitability, however, we recommend that any information you feel is important for award assessment is highlighted within the supporting statement.
Candidates are also encouraged to provide context where necessary: for example, if success has been achieved through individual determination, ambition or motivation.
Please note that the supporting statement is not used during the admissions process.