Executive MBA Director's Awards
Our Executive MBA Director’s Awards enable us to enhance the diversity of each EMBA cohort.
Open to candidates who can effectively demonstrate how they will enhance the learning experience of the cohort through their diverse experience.
A range of partial awards, up to a maximum of £30,000, contributing towards course fees.
There is no fixed number of awards available. The number of awardees in each intake will depend on the number of applicants and the amount awarded to each successful recipient.
All Executive MBA applicants are eligible.
- Academic excellence (candidates must be educated to degree level).
- How your background will enhance the diversity of the cohort.
- How the programme will benefit your sector/region in the long-term.
- Preference will be given to candidates that can effectively demonstrate how they will enhance the learning experience of the cohort through the diverse experience they have accumulated to date. This could include experience in working across multiple sectors and regions, especially emerging markets.
- Preference will also be given to candidates from emerging markets or non-traditional backgrounds, such as (but not exclusively) voluntary charitable organisations, international organisations and military backgrounds.
How to apply
You must submit a complete Executive MBA application and upload a supporting statement (maximum 400 words) in the 'Funding' section by the deadline to be considered.
The supporting statement must answer this question:
How will your background enhance the diversity of the Executive MBA cohort, and how will your participation in the programme benefit your sector/region in the long term?
Applications for the Executive MBA Director's Award are considered at the following stage deadlines:
- Stage 1: 13 November 2023
- Stage 2: 15 January 2024
- Stage 3: 18 March 2024
- Stage 4: 13 May 2024
- Stage 5: 15 July 2024
We encourage you to submit your application in the earlier stage deadlines to maximise your choice of colleges and your chances of receiving a scholarship.
You need to submit your online application form with all application requirements by your chosen deadline. Only completed applications will be considered in each application round.
Assessing candidate suitability
Candidates' suitability for these awards will be assessed via both the supporting statement and the Executive MBA application form.
The CV and transcripts submitted with the programme application may be used when assessing award suitability. However, we recommend that any information you feel is important for award assessment is highlighted within the supporting statement.
You are also encouraged to provide context where necessary, for example, if success has been achieved through individual determination, ambition or motivation.
Please note the supporting statement is not used during the admissions process.
If you have any questions about the Executive MBA programme or your eligibility for applying for a scholarship, your regional recruitment manager will be happy to help.