Oxford Cyber Security Briefing for Banking and Finance
Exploring cyber security from a proactive view
This briefing summarises the essential lessons from the six-week Oxford Cyber Security for Business Leaders Programme.
- Start date: 29 November 2023
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Location: Online
- Cost: £399
In this Briefing, you will:
- Assemble core business assets worthy of protection and assess their associated cyber risks, vulnerabilities, threats, and impacts.
- Recognise the anatomy of attacks and which cyber attacks are of most concern for those assets.
- Inspect cyber risk appetite and reputational risk and recognise two risk management frameworks.
- Explain and apply an understanding of different cyber controls to reduce risk.
- Describe emerging technologies and examine their role in a continually shifting cyber landscape.
- Discuss the need to evaluate risk and cyber controls when strategically embracing emerging technologies.
There's a gathering cyber storm. This storm is brewing, and it's really hard to anticipate just how bad that will be.
What you'll learn
- Understand how to determine what are critical business assets
- Assess risk in today’s cyber landscape using proven frameworks
- Identify key strategic decisions you will need to make to protect critical assets and maintain business continuity
The Cyber Security Executive Briefing programme is designed to seamlessly integrate into your busy schedule, giving you the flexibility to learn at your own pace.
All modules will be available at once. You can expect to spend 1 to 2 hours per module.
Module 1: The Cyber Landscape
Understand the critical assets that companies and institutions must protect and the crucial role of trust in the banking and finance industries.
Module 2: Strategic Response
Understand technology governance and risk management, IT system security and resilience, and cybersecurity operations to develop a strategic response to protect critical assets and business continuity.
Module 3: Cyber Innovation
Examine emerging technologies and their role in a continuously shifting cyber landscape to help you adapt to the cyber future of your organisation.
On successful completion of this programme you will be awarded an official digital certificate of attendance in your legal name from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. In order to be issued with a digital certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course orientation module.
The CPD Certification Service
This programme is certified as a provider of continuing professional development (CPD) by The CPD Certification Service. It may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies.
Participants who complete an Oxford Saïd Executive Education online programme are automatically part of the Oxford Saïd Business School elumni community.
The Elumni Community
Our thriving community comprises more than 37,000 ambitious professionals hailing from 177 countries and representing diverse sectors like finance, law, marketing, healthcare, and energy. A significant number of these individuals proceed to undertake additional online or on-campus programs, including short courses, executive diplomas, or MBAs.
Oxford Saïd Elumni Network
The Oxford Saїd Elumni Network is a virtual hub specially crafted for elumni. Acknowledging that the journey of professional growth doesn't cease with program completion; the platform is devised to motivate, encourage, and provide support to elumni as they pursue their career ambitions. It offers elumni an avenue to engage with Saïd Business School faculty, gaining access to expert opinions, research insights, and thought leadership. Furthermore, the network facilitates purposeful global networking, enabling collaborative endeavours for sharing ideas, expertise, and tackling challenges collectively.
You will also gain access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn.