Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme
- 6 weeks
- Short programme
About the programme
To understand artifical intelligence (AI) and its true potential - what it can and can't do - you need to understand how the technology works.
The Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme is designed for managers, business leaders, and technical professionals across multiple functions and industries looking to understand the workings, possibilities, and ethics of AI technology. It provides a unique opportunity to develop an informed opinion about AI’s applications, as you reflect on its implications and limitations whilst building a business case for its implementation.
The University of Oxford is a global centre for AI, with world-class research ranging from practical applications through to quantitative and computational principles of AI. The programme draws on this unique environment and multidisciplinary experts exclusively sourced from across the University of Oxford to provide a comprehensive exploration of AI and machine learning.
Delivered in collaboration with digital education provider GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand, you will be part of a community learning together through a dedicated Online Campus.
An introduction to the programme
- Ability to assess the implications and applications of AI in your industry and build a business case for its implementation
- Robust framework to critically examine the social implications and ethics of AI
- Conceptual understanding of machine learning algorithms, deep learning and neural networks
- Access to Oxford's unique ecosystem of AI research and development
- Guidance from leading industry experts and Oxford Saïd faculty
- Access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn
Welcome to your online campus
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
Artificial Intelligence ecosystem
Explore the history and potential of AI within the context of the digital ecosystem.
AI and machine Learning: Understanding the black box
Delve into the mechanics of the three main types of machine learning: supervised, reinforcement, and unsupervised learning.
Deep learning and neural networks
Understand what deep learning is and how it is powering the modern approach to AI.
Working with intelligent machines
Explore the concept of intelligence in machines and the impact of AI in the labour market.
Ethics of AI
Explore the hierarchy of ethical and legal considerations around artificial intelligence.
How to drive AI in your business
Identify the potential business opportunity of AI in a specific context.
What our alumni say
It is one of the best programmes I’ve ever attended. I would call it an action-packed thriller technology course... It is like parallel processing computers, where we get so much knowledge and so many ideas from fellow students.
Industry expert contributors
- Kenneth Cukier - Deputy Executive Editor, The Economist
- Charlotte Deane - Professor of Structural Bioinformatics, University of Oxford
- Natalia Efremova - Co-Founder, Deep Planet
- Luciano Floridi - Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information
- Min Chen - Professor of Scientific Visualisation, University of Oxford
- Carl Benedikt Frey - Director, Future of Work, Oxford Martin School, University of Oxford
- Paul Newman - BP Professor of Information Engineering, Founder & CTO Oxbotica
- Michael Osborne - Dyson Professor in Machine Learning, University of Oxford
- Viktor Mayer-Schoenberger - Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation, University of Oxford
- Stephen Roberts - Professor of Machine Learning, University of Oxford
- Michael Wooldridge - Professor of Computer Science, University of Oxford
Alex Barr, Janus Henderson fund manager and City of London councilman, talks about the potential implications of AI in business and its impact on organisations, and shares his experiences of the programme.
Options for organisations
If you are looking to integrate Oxford online programmes with your organisation’s learning and development strategy, we have tailored solutions to help deliver an innovative learning experience across teams.