Oxford Saïd-HEC Montréal Scholarship
These scholarships are generously funded by the University of Oxford and HEC Montréal alumnus Jean Chagnon.
Jean Chagnon is a University of Oxford alumnus who completed a MPhil Management Studies in 1973. Jean subsequently served as the Chief Executive Officer and President of Lallemand for 34 years. Now a member of the company’s board of directors, Jean continues to serve as a Senior Vice-President and special adviser to the company.
As an alumnus of both Oxford and HEC Montréal, Jean established this scholarship to give others the same opportunity he has benefited from. This scholarship offers a graduate of HEC Montréal the chance to attend a postgraduate programme at Oxford Saïd. A partnered scholarship at HEC Montréal will enable a graduate of Oxford University to attend a postgraduate programme at HEC Montréal.
- Current HEC Montréal students, or those who have completed a degree-bearing programme at HEC Montréal.
- Candidates applying for one of the eligible Saïd Business School programmes:
- DPhil in Finance
- DPhil in Management
- MSc in Financial Economics
- MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership
- MSc in Major Programme Management.
- Tenable at St Edmund Hall only. All eligible applicants will be considered for the scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state on your offer acceptance form. Successful applicants will be transferred to St Edmund Hall to take up the scholarship.
Awarded on the basis of academic excellence demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score (if applicable), previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements.
How to apply
No additional application required. We use the details you supply in your Saïd Business School programme application form to determine eligibility.
You must apply to your programme by the following dates to be considered:
- DPhil in Management - 16 December 2022
- DPhil in Finance - 16 December 2022
- MBA - 4 January 2023
- MSc in Financial Economics - 6 January 2023
- MSc in Major Programme Management - 20 January 2023
- MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership - 20 January 2023
If no eligible candidates apply by the above dates, this scholarship may be awarded to candidates who apply at a later stage however, early application is advised.