Oxford Black Leaders Scholarships
Powered through the Saïd Business School Foundation, the Oxford Black Leaders Scholarships offer Black and Mixed Black applicants who are ordinarily resident in the UK and North America financial support to pursue an Oxford MBA. These scholarships are intended to support exceptional future leaders who will enhance the diversity of the MBA class and the wider School, and will go on to be outstanding leaders within their sectors.
Up to £30,000 per scholarship.
- up to two scholarships for applicants ordinarily resident in the UK
- up to one scholarship for applicants ordinarily resident in North America
Candidates must be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, United States, or Canada, who are of Black or Mixed Black ethnicity (determined via the ‘About You’ section of the MBA application form).
- Awarded on the basis of academic excellence demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards and other academic achievements.
- Leadership potential; commitment to diversity and inclusion, equality, leading ethically, and paying it forward.
How to apply
Candidates must submit a complete MBA application and upload the scholarship essays in the 'Funding' section of the MBA application form.
In no more than the word limit outlined below, please answer the following questions:
- What have you done or are currently doing to promote diversity, inclusion, and equality either personally, in your community, or in your career/ sector? (maximum 250 words).
- How do you plan to use the scholarship to impact your time at Oxford and how will the scholarship enable you to continue your work more effectively in the future, either in your career or community? (maximum 500 words).
5 January 2024
Applications for the scholarship will be reviewed after admissions stage 2.
Final shortlisting is planned to take place in March with scholarships announced at the beginning of April.