Oxford Senior Leadership Executive Programme
- 22 weeks
- Short programme
About the series
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, the demand for highly skilled leaders has never been greater. To thrive, executives must possess a holistic skill set that not only advances their own careers but also fosters resilient, high-performing organisations. The Oxford Senior Leadership Executive Programme offers a transformative journey, equipping you with the leadership, strategy and resilience skills needed to ensure your organisation's enduring success.
The programme combines the expertise of three prestigious Oxford online programmes into a curated learning journey designed to equip you with core leadership skills. As you progress through the programme, you'll:
- develop the ability to navigate change and uncertainty with an integrated approach to management
- gain critical thinking skills to make informed decisions in today's dynamic business landscape
- bring greater value to your teams and organisation as you lead them toward achieving strategic goals
- cultivate a crystal-clear leadership vision, rooted in your 'why'
- gain invaluable insights to fuel long-term business success
- acquire the tools necessary to fortify your organisation's resilience.
Delivered in collaboration with digital education provider GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand, you will be part of a community learning together through a dedicated Online Campus.
Programmes in this series
Receive a 15% discount on the three programmes
Discover a curated learning path that will help you to expand your entrepreneurial knowledge and skills with ease. Designed to provide you with maximum flexibility, this series will allow you to tailor your learning experience to suit your schedule and preferences. You'll have the freedom to select your preferred start date for each programme, enabling you to seamlessly integrate your learning commitments into your existing personal and professional obligations. You'll also have the exclusive opportunity to network with a dynamic network of like-minded peers and expert faculty.
- Executive Leadership: over eight weeks, hone your leadership style, align your purpose with your organisation's strategic focus, and become a driving force for transformative change.
- Enterprise Leadership: following a brief interlude, dive into strategic alignment, define your organisation's purpose, and craft a compelling vision for its future over six weeks.
- Leading through Uncertainty and Disruption - Building Resilient Organisations: after another short break, embrace the challenge of leading through uncertainty. Reflect on your personal capacity for resilience, integrate resilience into your organization's structures, and develop a strategic plan to enhance your organisation as a visionary business leader.
Over the duration of this series, you’ll work through the following modules, starting with a welcome orientation to your online campus.
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
Effective leadership: leading for high performance
Reflect on the relationship between effective leadership and performance in organisations.
The job of the leader: envisioning and engaging
Learn about vision and engagement as two core activities of leaders.
The job of the leader: choosing and connecting
Learn about decision-making and connection as two core activities of leaders.
Leading with power and influence
Explore the significance of power and influence within leadership.
Leading teams for effective performance
Explore the functions and dynamics of high-performance leadership.
Strategies and models for leading change
Consider the role of the leader in driving change.
Mastering complexity and plurality
Explore strategies to manage the complexity inherent in leadership.
Reflect on your purpose as a leader
Establish alignment between your personal purpose and the purpose of your organisation.
The online sessions with Jonathan Trevor were immensely valuable; the group discussions with fellow students proved to be eye-opening experiences. The insights gained from the programme proved invaluable in understanding and tackling work challenges.
The importance of strategic alignment
What is strategic alignment and why does it matter?
The purpose-led enterprise
What do you do as an enterprise and why do you do it?
Crafting a winning business strategy
What is your enterprise trying to win at?
Superior organisational capability and architecture
What does your enterprise need to be good at to win and what makes you good?
Fit-for-purpose management systems
What delivers the performance your enterprise needs to win?
Leading your enterprise to win
How can you lead your enterprise to sustainable success?
The programme allowed me to discover how my previous experience was relevant to future scenarios through learning about resilience at a leading academic institution. We were equipped to act as resilience change agents.
Leading Through Uncertainty and Disruption
Advancing resilient leadership
Developing your strategic resilience
Building operational resilience
Reinforcing social resilience
Strengthening supply chain resilience
Maximising systems-wide resilience
If you are interested in discovering your purpose as an authentic leader and making an impactful and meaningful contribution within your organisation and to society, then this programme is for you.
About the certificate
Upon successful completion of the programme, you’ll receive a certificate of attendance.
Assessment for each programme is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with your digital certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the programme handbook. Each handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin that programme.