Oxford Impact Finance Innovations Programme
- 5 days
- Short programme
About the programme
Impact Finance Innovations addresses the integration of impact investing, emerging technologies and new types of deal and fund structures.
The programme is designed for individuals that have experience allocating capital for impact, and are looking to understand best practices around emerging deal contracts, fund structures and technologies.
During this programme, you will build on your existing knowledge and experience with impact capital, to explore the entire spectrum of deal structures and enabling technologies.
You will look at:
- classifying business growth profiles to identify and prioritise projects that meet your strategy
- mezzanine financing and the use of structured exit agreements
- the role of grant capital in impact finance
- using AI, blockchain and other emerging technologies for impact measurement
- embedding impact into contracts
- creating a blended financing toolkit
- negotiation exercises in blended finance deals
- community led sourcing, due diligence, exits and ownership
Explore the art of the possible in delivering impact with this new virtual programme. Join an experienced group of professional peers from around the world to develop your impact investing strategy with Oxford researchers and global industry leaders.
What you can expect from this programme
Benefits to you
- Exposure to the next frontier of impact finance
- Interact directly with industry innovators
- Integrate emerging technologies and innovative financing
- Explore the art of the possible in delivering impact
- Develop your impact finance strategy
Benefits to your organisation
- Exposure to the emerging range of fund and deal structures so you can understand the options and select the most appropriate one
- Incorporate enabling technologies into deals to effectively deliver and monitor impact
- Access to global best practice and networks in impact investing
Week one: Fundamentals
Laying the groundwork with introduction to innovative financing at the deal and fund level, and the historical context of Impact Finance Innovation. Understanding business growth profiles, and the interplay of equity, debt and trade finance.
Week two: Redesigning risk capital
Cases in mezzanine and structured exit financing, including revenue based financing and redeemable equity. Evaluating the use of a structured exit agreement for a company in your portfolio.
Week three: Innovative grant funding
Role of grant capital in impact finance and unpacking recoverable grants and forgiveable loans. Customise an evaluation framework to use in your own portfolio. Debate which are the most catalytic tools and the routes to their wider adoption.
Week four: Embedding impact into financing
Linking impact to financing with interest rate rebate case. Outcomes based contracts and using emerging technologies for impact measurement. Discuss the opportunities that impact linked financing presents to impact investors.
Week five: Fund structures
Blended financing toolkit, and exercise in negotiating a blended fund. Q&A with asset owners to understand their thought process and the effective tools they are seeing in the market. Syndicated rolling fund, impact transformation fund, and microfund case studies.
Week six: Community led sourcing, due diligence and exits
Evaluate the entire funding process to understand opportunities to embed equity, access, and distributed ownership.