Saïd Business School
University of Oxford
Park End Street
Michele has a career focus on strategy innovation, working with a wide range of firms and public agencies in space commerce, economic growth, sustainable development, energy services, health systems and procurement.
His current focus is strategic innovation advisory work for large-scale innovation projects, in entrepreneurial ecosystems for jobs creation, space commerce, health sector and energy systems. His recent clients include Innovate UK, Nesta, the World Health Organization, as well multinational corporations in construction, architecture and design, and engineering.
Michele has over 20 years of international professional experience, primarily in Europe and the UK, including a decade at Ernst & Young working with clients such as the European Commission, World Bank, and national and regional agencies to design and implement on large scale economic development and innovation initiatives. His current emphasis is on venture creation and development.
Michele is a serial co-founder, most recently at the innovation strategy advisory INSTA Associates, the fintech start-up Progress2Impact, focussed on building a virtual entrepreneurial ecosystem for advancing Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) led economic recovery. Michele holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy & Innovation from Saïd Business School and a degree in International Economics from the University of Trieste, Italy.
Michele contributes to Oxford Saïd’s research on space commerce and governance, corporate purpose and fintech platforms in support of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Michele is an active contributor to research initiatives and supporting activities at Saïd Business School. His current and recent contributions include the following:
- Founding member of the Oxford Space Initiative, a multi-disciplinary research team focussed on the space sector and led by Dr Mark Ventresca. He co-authored the original scoping report 'Initial Findings on The European Space Agency (ESA) and Business Innovation' funded by HEIF and is a core researcher on current ESRC impact grants.
- Research contributor to the EY Beacon – Oxford Saïd collaborative research exploring conceptions of corporate purpose in principle and practice, a complement to his long-time EY alumni status.
- Primary author of the working paper ‘Funding the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Lessons from Donation-Based Crowdfunding Platforms.'
- Co-author of the teaching case study 'OVO Energy: Building an EnergyTech platform,' which is widely used in Oxford Saïd teaching programmes.
Michele is regularly involved as instructor on strategic innovation in Oxford Saïd programmes, including:
- Co-convenor and instructor on new MBA and online courses ‘Smart Space: Building the Next Space Age’, University of Oxford.
- Instructor, ‘Strategy & Innovation’ modules for EMBA, MBA, Diploma cohort since 2019.
- Subject Matter Expert consultant for developing the Oxford Strategic Innovation Programme (OSIP).
- OSIP Head Tutor in the first four iterations of the programme.
- Preceptor for several executive education programs, including Oxford FinTech Lab, the IBM Diploma on Strategy and Innovation, the Centre for Leadership, Denmark Executive Leadership Programme.
- Instructor for Master’s degree on ‘Social innovation for sustainable development’, organised by the University of Torino and the ILO with Oxford faculty contributors.
- Member, Oxford Saïd Executive Education Design Community.