Saïd Business School
University of Oxford
Park End Street
Michele is a senior strategic innovation advisor working at the edge of public, private sector and research.
Michele’s current work focuses on large scale innovation projects, in the field of entrepreneurship and job creation, energy, space, health systems and sustainable development. His recent clients include Innovate UK, Nesta, the World Health Organization, as well as large private corporations in the domain of construction and engineering.
Michele has over 20 years of international professional experience, including 10 at Ernst & Young where he assisted organisations such as the European Commission, World Bank, national and regional agencies in designing and implementing large scale economic development and innovation programs.
Michele is co-founder of the innovation strategy advisory INSTA Associates and also of the fintech start-up Progress2Impact focussed on building a virtual entrepreneurial ecosystem for advancing Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) led economic recovery. Michele holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy & Innovation from Saïd Business School and a degree in International Economics from the University of Trieste, Italy.
Michele contributes to Oxford Saïd’s research on space, corporate purpose and Sustainable Development Goals.
Michele is an active contributor to the Saïd Business School research agenda. His work includes the following:
- Founding member of the Oxford Space Initiative, a multi-disciplinary research initiative focussed on the space sector led by Dr MJ Ventresca. Within this initative he co-authored the scoping report 'Initial Findings On The European Space Agency (ESA) and Business Innovation' funded by HEIF.
- Contribution to the EY Beacon – Oxford Saïd collaborative research around corporate purpose, benefiting of his long-lasting alumni status with EY.
- Co-author of the working paper ‘Funding the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Lessons from Donation-Based Crowdfunding Platforms.'
- Co-author of the teaching case study 'OVO Energy: Building an EnergyTech platform,' which is widely used in Oxford Saïd programmes.
Michele is regularly involved as instructor on strategic innovation in Oxford Saïd programmes, including:
- Teaching several cohorts of EMBA, MBA, Diplomas.
- Subject Matter Expert consultant for developing the Oxford Strategic Innovation Programme, and has been the Head Tutor in the first four iterations of the programme.
- ‘Preceptor’ for several executive education programs, including Oxford FinTech Lab, the IBM Diploma on Strategy and Innovation, the Danish Executives Leadership Programme.
- In 2020 he featured as instructor in support to Dr Ventresca in the Master on ‘Social innovation for sustainable development’, organised by the University of Torino and ILO.