Claus D. Jacobs
Saïd Business School
University of Oxford
Park End Street
Claus is a Professor of Public Management and Organization at University of Berne, KPM Center for Public Management. He specialises in strategy work and organisational change in pluralistic settings.
As Swiss NSF Professor at U of St. Gallen, he headed two consecutive Swiss NSF projects (2008-2013) on discursive perspectives of strategy work in public and private sector firms as well as non-governmental organisations. He holds a Ph.D. from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and a Masters in Business and Economic Studies from Witten/Herdecke University, Germany and has worked as management consultant and executive educator with Imagination Lab Foundation, Lausanne, and Gemini Consulting, Germany.
Claus's work has been published in Organisation Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Strategic Organisation, Long Range Planning, MIT Sloan Management Review, Journal of Management Inquiry, Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Journal of Organisational Change Management and Human Relations among others and has received several Best Paper Nominations at the Academy of Management (2005-2008; 2013). He is a Visiting Professor of University of St. Gallen as well as a Fellow of DaimlerBenz Foundation.
Claus is also a:
- Member of the Executive Board of the Strategising Activities and Practices Special Interest Group at Academy of Management
- Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Management Studies and Scandinavian Journal of Management
- Reviewer for Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, British Journal of Management, Current Sociology, Human Relations, Management Learning, Journal of Applied Behavioural Science, Journal of Change Management, Journal of Management Studies, Organisation, Organisation Studies, Perspectives on Process Organisation Studies
- Reviewer for Swiss NSF and ESRC
Claus's research interests include:
- Strategy work
- Strategy formation
- Creative strategising
- Strategic change
- Organisation development
- Discursive approaches
For a complete list of Claus's research publications, please visit his personal website.
At the School Claus teaches on:
- 'Crafting Effective Leadership' – Strategic Leadership Programme