Modules one, two and three are assessed by remote, open-book exams. Module four is assessed by an extended assignment related to your organisation or industry.
The diploma combines the highest standards of academic rigour with a practical approach to strategy and innovation.
Led by Teppo Felin, the programme is based on four intensive modules in the areas of strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship, international business and strategy execution.
You can currently choose to apply to one of three available cohorts. You must be able to attend all of your chosen cohorts module dates.
2020 Cohort 2: 4-7 November 2020
2021 Cohort 1: 3-6 February 2021
2021 Cohort 2: 17-20 March 2021
- Competitive strategy
- Strategy in complex organisations
- Decision-making analysis
- Strategy processes
- Advocating for strategic change
2020 Cohort 2: 17-20 February 2021
2021 Cohort 1: 28 April-1 May 2021
2021 Cohort 2: 26-29 May 2021
- Emergent markets and technologies
- Thinking entrepreneurially
- Partnering for innovation
- Strategies to sustain innovation
- Tools to capture value
Globalisation and strategy
2020 Cohort 2: 26-29 May 2021
2021 Cohort 1: 7-10 July 2021
2021 Cohort 2: 21-24 July 2021
- Global trends
- Successful expansion strategies
- Managing the global value chain
- Global value creation: adding value scorecard
- Strategies for capturing global value
Strategy in action
2020 Cohort 2: 21-24 July 2021
2021 Cohort 1: 29 September-2 October 2021
2021 Cohort 2: 20-23 October 2021
- Building organisational capabilities
- Dealing with complexity
- Reshaping business models
- Tools for implementation
- Delivering success
Participants are expected to complete the allocated pre-reading prior to each module.
Previous participants have estimated that the study commitment of the programme is approximately 5–8 hours per week for the duration of the diploma.