Modules one, two and three are assessed by either in-person exams, online exams, or assignments, or a combination of these. Module four is assessed by an extended assignment related to your organisation or industry.
The diploma combines the highest standards of academic rigour with a practical approach to strategy and innovation.
Led by Tim Galpin, the programme is based on four intensive modules in the areas of strategy, innovation strategy, international business and strategy execution.
You can currently choose to apply to one of two available cohorts. You must be able to attend all of your chosen cohorts module dates
Stream one: 8 - 11 February 2023
Stream two: 8 - 11 March 2023
- Competitive strategy
- Strategy in complex organisations
- Decision-making analysis
- Strategy processes
- Advocating for strategic change
Stream one: 3 - 6 May 2023
Stream two: 31 May - 3 June 2023
- Emergent markets and technologies
- Thinking entrepreneurially
- Partnering for innovation
- Strategies to sustain innovation
- Tools to capture value
Globalisation and strategy
Stream one: 26 - 29 July 2023
Stream two: 13 - 16 September 2023
- Global trends
- Successful expansion strategies
- Managing the global value chain
- Global value creation: adding value scorecard
- Strategies for capturing global value
Strategy in action
Stream one: 18 - 21 October 2023
Stream two: 15 - 18 November 2023
- Building organisational capabilities
- Dealing with complexity
- Reshaping business models
- Tools for implementation
- Delivering success
Participants are expected to complete the allocated pre-reading prior to each module.
Previous participants have estimated that the study commitment of the programme is approximately 5–8 hours per week for the duration of the diploma.