Modules one, two and three are assessed by remote, open-book exams. Module four is assessed by an extended assignment related to your organisation or industry.
The diploma combines the highest standards of academic rigour with a practical approach to strategy and innovation.
Led by Tim Galpin, the programme is based on four intensive modules in the areas of strategy, innovation strategy, international business and strategy execution.
You can currently choose to apply to one of two available cohorts. You must be able to attend all of your chosen cohorts module dates
Stream one 19–22 January 2022
Stream two 9–12 March 2022
- Competitive strategy
- Strategy in complex organisations
- Decision-making analysis
- Strategy processes
- Advocating for strategic change
Stream one 20–23 April 2022
Stream two 15–18 June 2022
- Emergent markets and technologies
- Thinking entrepreneurially
- Partnering for innovation
- Strategies to sustain innovation
- Tools to capture value
Globalisation and strategy
Stream one 20–23 July 2022
Stream two 21–24 September 2022
- Global trends
- Successful expansion strategies
- Managing the global value chain
- Global value creation: adding value scorecard
- Strategies for capturing global value
Strategy in action
Stream one 19–22 October 2022
Stream two 30 November–3 December
- Building organisational capabilities
- Dealing with complexity
- Reshaping business models
- Tools for implementation
- Delivering success
Participants are expected to complete the allocated pre-reading prior to each module.
Previous participants have estimated that the study commitment of the programme is approximately 5–8 hours per week for the duration of the diploma.