Modules one, two and three are assessed by either in-person exams, online exams, or assignments, or a combination of these. Module four is assessed by an extended assignment related to your organisation or industry.
The diploma combines the highest standards of academic rigour with a practical approach to global business management.
Led by Professor Mari Sako, the programme is based on four intensive modules in the areas of global strategy, risk and reputation, corporate diplomacy in a global context and the challenges of business in emerging markets.
This course has exceeded all my expectations. The quality of the course content and lecturers has been higher than I could have hoped for and the balance between content, teaching and learning from fellow students made the whole experience truly enriching.
25 - 28 January 2023
- Market and non-market strategies
- Leading effectively across national cultures
- Managing the global value chain
- Global value creation: adding value scorecard
- How to globalise: aligning organisational structures
Risk and reputation
19 - 22 April 2023
- Developing leadership styles to manage corporate reputation effectively
- Risk analysis and scenarios thinking
- Power and influence in global companies
- Stakeholder engagement and crisis management
Corporate diplomacy in a global context
14 - 17 June 2023
- Business relations with states and NGOs
- Corporate diplomacy: business as a political actor
- Dealing effectively with the multiple regulator problem
- Measuring and mitigating political risks
- Government outsourcing
Business challenges in emerging markets
4 - 7 October 2023
- The rise of state capitalism and its impact on business-government relations
- Dynamics of competition between local and foreign firms in emerging markets
- Inclusive innovation at the bottom and the middle of the pyramid
- The rise of emerging markets and the future of the global economic order
Participants are expected to complete the allocated pre-reading prior to each module.
Previous participants have estimated that the study commitment of the programme is approximately 5–8 hours per week for the duration of the diploma.