Modules one, two and three are assessed by remote, open-book exams. Module four is assessed by an extended assignment related to your organisation or industry.
The diploma combines the highest standards of academic rigour with a practical approach to financial strategy.
Led by Dr Ken Okamura, the programme is based on four intensive modules in the areas of strategy, business finance, corporate valuation and financial strategies for growth.
26 - 29 January 2022
- Goals and strategies
- Competitive advantage
- Industry analysis
- Strategy and change
- Global strategy
23 - 26 March 2022
- Discounting and bond pricing
- Capital budgeting
- Capital asset pricing model
- Capital structure and taxes
- Initial public offerings
29 June - 2 July 2022
- Fundamentals of valuation
- DCF and project analysis
- LBO valuation
- Value creation
- Relative valuation
Financial Strategies for Growth
5 - 8 October 2022
- Options for growth and developing a growth strategy
- Strategic mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence and financial analysis
- Deal structures and negotiation
- Realising, measuring, and reporting value creation
- International growth
Participants are expected to complete the allocated pre-reading prior to each module.
Previous participants have estimated that the study commitment of the programme is approximately 5–8 hours per week for the duration of the diploma.