To successfully complete the diploma, you will be required to demonstrate your ability to apply your learning in all four module areas. This is done through three case-study based exams and an extended assignment that can be related back to your organisation, to maximise impact.
Diplomas: Benefits to your organisation
The programme’s modular format means that you can continue to work while studying, with immediate impact for your organisation.
There are four Wednesday to Saturday modules in Oxford over one year. Although the diploma is a serious programme that requires self-study, it is less intense than a full master’s degree and is easier to manage for busy professionals.
Throughout the programme you will study models and frameworks that will be directly applicable to your organisation.
Widen and deepen your thinking
The specialised content of the diploma allows a deep dive into crucial issues in strategic management.
Each class is made up of a deliberately broad mix of participants, in terms of both sector and geography. The experience is designed to deepen your thinking, challenge your personal, organisational and industry assumptions, and encourage you to innovate for competitive advantage.
Confidence and influence
Throughout the programme you will be challenged to explain your views.
You will become used to having your standpoint critically analysed by academics and experienced executives from all over the world. This will increase your confidence and will help you to bring about change at the highest levels of your organisation.
Oxford’s Diploma programmes have for many years been an invaluable complement to the internal, on-the-job training experienced by our high-potential leadership talent. These unique programmes offered by Saïd Business School are academically rigorous, and the participants are seasoned professionals that are diverse with respect to geography and industry experience.
A global and inspirational network
The programme has been carefully curated to ensure you build a close network with your classmates.
Every year, lasting business relationships are formed in class. Within your cohort there will be experts in many different areas. You will find immediate organisational benefits from being able to tap into this expertise as you deal with work challenges in different sectors or regions. Outside of your class you will have access to the Oxford Business Alumni Network (OBA) and you will also become an associate alum of your college network, both of which can be leveraged for the benefit of your organisation.
By joining the programme you will become part of a world-class business school and university.
This will give you and your organisation access to some of the most respected academic-practitioners in key areas relating to your work. As part of the diploma, you will be required to research and complete an extended assignment of up to 6,000 words related to your organisation or industry.
Building a business case
If you are seeking support from your employer it may be helpful to prepare the following:
- A skills gap analysis – think through where you currently fit in your organisation and how the Oxford diploma will enhance the contribution you make.
- Match your objectives in undertaking the diploma to those of your organisation by using the module content.
- Illustrate how an increased knowledge of the areas covered by the diploma could benefit your organisation.
- Consider a strategic issue facing the organisation that you could explore in detail for the assignment. This could result in a valuable piece of internal consultancy work for your organisation.
- Decide on the kind of sponsorship you require from your organisation. Some organisations may provide additional annual leave or help with travel costs if they are unable to support you with the cost of tuition.
- If your employer has specific questions they would like to discuss, we would be happy to speak with them.