Leading for Impact
About the programme
This programme takes a small cohort of change leaders through a personal development journey.
The Skoll Centre is committed to developing high potential individuals by supporting them in cultivating the leadership capacities and networks necessary to effect impactful social and environmental change.
We achieve this through our flagship leadership development programme.
Whatever the social or environmental problem you feel passionate about - access to education, clean energy, good governance, or ethical AI - we want to help you tackle it by developing your ability to lead - first yourself, then others.
The programme is ideally suited if you aim to solve social and environmental problems in your current or future career, and wish to develop your skills as an effective leader together with a community of peers doing the same.
- Self-knowledge and personal resilience
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Effective communication
- Peer coaching
- Mindfulness for leaders
- Building your network/community
- Managing yourself and managing others
- Building trust
- Diversity - we try to choose a diverse group of fellows from a wide range of departments, fields, and colleges
The programme involves a substantial time commitment, combining two intensive weekends with 7 peer coaching sessions and a closing workshop session.
The programme takes place over Hilary and Trinity terms.
Learning the art of solving problems through asking questions seems like such a simple skill but it is truly invaluable. I really have gained the ability to check in with myself and be much more mindful.
How to apply
Who is the programme for?
- Postgraduate students at the University of Oxford on full-time masters or doctoral degree programmes only.
- Those who can demonstrate a commitment to addressing social/ environmental challenges.
- Those who are preparing for their next career move and are engaged in social impact.
- Those who are looking to pursue social impact careers who also wish to develop their personal leadership and teamwork skills.
- Exceptional candidates who are looking for a group of like-minded ‘doers’ and want to be an active part of this community.
Application to our 2019 Leading for Impact programme is now closed.