Oxford Chicago Global Private Equity Challenge
The Private Equity Institute partners with the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Chicago to offer this annual Challenge
The annual Oxford Chicago Global Private Equity Challenge, which partners the Private Equity Institute at the University of Oxford with the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Chicago, is a pioneering approach to networking and learning in Oxford and Chicago. It is exclusively designed for students from both universities, who are looking to develop their careers in private equity and investment banking, to broaden their skills and experience and share global expertise and learning.
MBA, MFE, MLF and undergraduate students are invited to apply.
In addition to presenting their investment proposals to the Challenge Investment Committee, comprised of Oxford and Chicago alumni, academics and senior investment professionals, the teams have the opportunity to take part in high calibre educational events and networking opportunities.
The three-day private equity programme, which alternates between Oxford and Chicago, comprises of:
- a seminar on private equity by leading faculty members, alumni, and senior professionals;
- the annual Private Equity Forum in Oxford and the Private Equity Conference in Chicago, both of which bring together academics and investors to discuss challenges and opportunities facing the private equity sector;
- a trek to visit private equity funds and investment banks in London and Chicago respectively.
In 2019 the Challenge will be hosted in Chicago on 25 & 26 February and finalists will be invited to stay until the PE conference on Friday 1 March.
A pioneering approach to networking and learning. Exclusively designed for students, looking to develop their careers in private equity and investment banking, to broaden skills and experience and share expertise and learning from the USA and Europe.
Wharton MBA Buyout Case Competition
The Wharton MBA Buyout Case Competition is the premier MBA-level LBO case competition in the world.
It brings together teams from the leading business schools around the country and world to evaluate and make recommendations for a proposed PE buyout transaction. Presentations are judged by a panel of private equity professionals, and extensive networking opportunities are available for participants.
The competition will provide students with the opportunity to:-
- Simulate a private equity professional’s work in deal evaluation
- Network with judges that are industry professionals
- Mingle with students from top MBA schools
- Participate for large cash prizes and media exposure
Annually a team of Oxford Saïd Finance Lab students enters this competition.