Oxford Retail Summer School
The aim of the programme is to encourage delegates to look at things differently and find their own creative solutions to high level strategic issues.
Exploring challenges in the retail world
The OSS Retail Masters was established in 2006, following an identified gap in retail development at a senior level within the Industry. For nearly 80 years the British Independent Retailers Association (BIRA) has been running the Oxford Retail Summer School for junior managers. This expertise has been amalgamated with assistance from the Oxford Institute of Retail Management, to produce the OSS Retail Masters.
The Masters programme explores the overall challenges facing the retail world of both today and tomorrow with the assistance of recognised experts in specific fields such as global sourcing, ethical trading, demography, business management and climate change.
Nothing like the Masters programme exists currently – it is unique. It is a chance to network with other companies, learn from world class speakers and to stretch yourself in a challenging but supportive environment. Companies such as Harrods, John Lewis, B&Q, Nike and WH Smith have participated
The programme is aimed at:
- Senior head office managers
- Regional and area managers
- Retail owner-managers
- Senior store managers
Benefits for you
Opportunity to test the quality of your thinking and understanding
- Practical ideas for enhancing your own business
- Meet and learn from some of the best in the industry
- Deepen insight into current and future challenges
- Enhanced overall retail effectiveness
Benefits for your business
- Learning forums ensuring practical ideas are shared and capitalised upon
- Widens horizons and stimulates new approaches to current and future business challenges
- Enables your best managers to become even better