Our goal is to strengthen the Oxford MBA programming for students who are committed to impactful careers and leading systemic change.
Run by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Impact Lab is a co-curricular Impact Leadership programme that supports University of Oxford students who are committed to having an impact-driven career. Impact Lab helps students to explore different mindsets and approaches to building an impact career as a:
- Social intrapreneur - creating change from within a large firm or organisation.
- Social entrepreneur - utilising entrepreneurial principles to build an alternative or starting an organisation that is impact-driven.
- Social extrapreneur - or a ‘systems-trepreneur’ orchestrating across the system, as well as working across organisational boundaries to bring multiple players together and influence entire systems directly.
Who is the programme for?
The Impact Lab programme is open to postgraduate students of the University of Oxford including MBA students at Saïd Business School.
- Kick-off retreat where we take you on a residential weekend to connect with your cohort.
- A series of thematic modules taught by thought leaders and practitioners.
- Brown bag lunchtime talks (open to all).
- Storytelling workshops taught by an expert TEDx currator and a chance to hone the art through our Storytelling Cafés.
- Mentoring programme from impact-focused Oxford Business Alumni.
One of the most valuable aspects is the community it fosters. The Lab aims to cultivate not only future change leaders but also a strong network of like-minded individuals who will be connected for life.
Impact Lab made my year here. All my closest friendships were developed within this cohort. Not only did I gain hard skills, I also learned more about myself and the world around me. Such a special opportunity and has made me a better person.
Applications to Cohort 2 (Hilary Term)
- Demonstrate a commitment to an impact career.
- Have 3 years + industry experience. (This may include both formal and informal positions, including founders of ventures, internships, and other volunteer positions)
- A growth mindset (openness to learning)
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development.
- An interest to explore social impact and private sector linkages.
Impact Lab accepts applications from MBA students and other Postgraduate students from the University of Oxford. Impact lab will accept 2 cohorts this academic year, 25 students in Michaelmas and 25 students in Hilary, bringing the 2 cohorts together at the end of Hilary for joint alumni events and a graduation ceremony.
Apply for the Impact Lab below, and you can also access a plain text version of the application form: Impact Lab Applications (Plain Text Version) Michaelmas 2022
Applications Timeline for Cohort One (Michaelmas Term 2022)
July 2022 - Applications open
11 August 2022 - Informational Webinar
21 August - Applications due
Unsuccessful candidates will be notified on/by 29 August
1 - 6 September - Interviews
14 September - Cohort Announcement