Our Councils offer their knowledge and expertise to ensure the enduring benefit of our outputs and support us in disseminating the results through their professional networks.
The Ownership Project at Oxford Saïd
Examining ownership and impact
Starting with family firms, we are investigating how ownership influences the endurance, value, conduct and stakeholder relationships of corporations.
Our project delivers an independent analysis of how ownership influences businesses and the communities in which they operate. With family firms representing over 80% of all businesses, our primary focus is on family owners. However, our findings are relevant across a range of ownership types.
The programme identifies:
- How owner objectives translate into organisational behaviour
- How financial and non-financial objectives become embedded in business
- Dynamics in times of corporate transition or changes to the operating environment
- How ownership affects and values different types of capital
We are looking at the role of the owner in defining the ways that corporations behave and how they construe their purpose.
Global family business leaders, academics and professionals support the translation of our research into impact.
Meet our team
An interdisciplinary mix of research expertise drawn from the worlds of finance, economics, anthropology and social impact.
- Peter Tufano, Peter Moores Dean and Professor of Finance
- Colin Mayer CBE, Peter Moores Professor of Management Studies
- Dr Mary Johnstone-Louis, Senior Research Fellow and Programme Director
- Dr Bridget Kustin, Research Fellow and Qualitative Lead
- Belén Villalonga, Professor of Management and Organizations, NYU's Stern School of Business, Associate Scholar, Saïd Business School
- Dr Boya Wang, Research Fellow and Quantitative Lead
- Jonathan Chan, Research Assistant
- Rajiv Joshi, Advisory Council Member and Visiting Executive, The Ownership Project at Oxford Saïd
- Dr Clarissa Hauptmann CFA, Associate Scholar, Saïd Business School
Across eight decades, the Ford Foundation has invested in innovative ideas, visionary individuals, and frontline institutions advancing human dignity.
Learn more about their work in civil rights, education, arts and culture, human rights, poverty reduction and urban development.