Our experts use their knowledge and expertise to advise, guide and challenge our methods and observations to ensure the enduring benefit of our outputs both to their businesses and to society at large. They actively support us in disseminating the results through their professional networks.
The Ownership Project at Oxford Saïd
Examining ownership and impact
Our work will deliver the highest quality independent analysis of how ownership influences businesses and the communities in which they operate.
Starting with family firms, which represent over 80% of all businesses, we are investigating how ownership influences the endurance, value, conduct and stakeholder relationships of corporations.
The programme identifies:
- How owner objectives translate into organisational behaviour
- How financial and non-financial objectives become embedded in business
- Dynamics in times of corporate transition or changes to the operating environment
- How ownership affects and values different types of capital
We are looking at the role of the owner in defining the ways that corporations behave and how they construe their purpose.
How do 21st century corporations reconcile profit with purpose?
John Coutts' recent article in the the 2017/18 Oxford Said Review reveals how research at Oxford Saïd is shedding new light on the concept of purpose.
Academic and business leaders from across the global business community support the translation of our research into impact
Meet our team
An interdisciplinary mix of research expertise drawn from the worlds of finance, economics, anthropology and social impact.
- Peter Tufano, Peter Moores Dean and Professor of Finance
- Colin Mayer CBE, Peter Moores Professor of Management Studies
- Dr Mary Johnstone-Louis, Senior Research Fellow and Programme Director
- Dr Bridget Kustin, Research Fellow and Qualitative Lead
- Belen Villalonga, Professor of Management and Organizations, NYU's Stern School of Business
- Dr Boya Wang, Research Fellow and Quantitative Lead
- Jonathan Chan, Research Assistant
- Cole Scanlon, Research Assistant
- Rajiv Joshi, Advisory Council Member and Visiting Executive, Saïd Business School
- Dr Clarissa Hauptmann CFA, Associate Scholar, Saïd Business School
Across eight decades, the Ford Foundation has invested in innovative ideas, visionary individuals, and frontline institutions advancing human dignity.
Learn more about their work in civil rights, education, arts and culture, human rights, poverty reduction and urban development