Liber is a new endeavour powered by the Entrepreneurship Centre. Oxford Saïd students are offering their time and talents to support start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs, to help them address the numerous business challenges brought on by the Covid-19 crisis.
The Entrepreneurship Centre has a long-standing tradition of supporting the Oxford entrepreneurial ecosystem through experiential learning, access to global networks, and thought leadership. The Liber Project is addressing the challenges of UK businesses that are grappling with leadership, operational, and strategic matters.
Leveraging the exceptional Oxford talent pool of students and alumni, as well as faculty and senior business advisers, the project is facilitating the creation of opportunities for business-to-business collaborations amongst entrepreneurs, investors and corporations across different sectors. For Saïd Business School's student community Liber is providing professional exposure, with a perspective of generating internship and future job opportunities.
Liber doesn't take any equity and there are no fees for participation.
Applications are now closed.
The Liber Project is a bridge between the teachings of the School and the real world application of this knowledge. We have the opportunity to support entrepreneurs in their ventures, and we are offered exceptional coaching through masterclasses
The programme currently enrols:
- 35 UK start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs from a diverse range of sectors including technology, life science, manufacturing, consumer products, and space
- 129 students and alumni
- 35 entrepreneurship experts, including oNetwork members
- 10 faculty members
The students that we are working with have already made some incredible contributions to our business… We hope that we have provided the students with an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a rapidly growing business
What Liber has provide so far
- Peer to peer sessions with business leaders
- Expert advice from the oNetwork and entrepreneurship experts
- Business consultancy from current students and alumni
- Opportunities for access to investment
- A toolkit of resources via a weekly newsletter
- A series of webinars and masterclasses on topics such as finance, wellbeing, innovation, crisis management, law and communications
- Speakers from Universal Music Group, Headspace, UK Business Angels Association, Shell, Barclays, Natural Motion Games, Ignition Law
- Access to professional networks and business leaders
- 70 internships offered and 20 internships facilitated
- Consultancy experience in business units - support groups made of students and alumni selected on the basis of skills and company's needs
Liber portfolio 2020