Liber, the word
‘Liber’ is the Latin word for ‘free’.
Free to feel in charge, to reframe and shape your future.
Liber is a new endeavour powered by the Entrepreneurship Centre. Oxford Saïd students will offer their time and talents to support start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs, to help them address the numerous business challenges brought on by the Covid-19 crisis.
The Entrepreneurship Centre has a long-standing tradition of supporting the Oxford entrepreneurial ecosystem through experiential learning, access to global networks, and thought leadership. Liber Project will address the challenges of UK businesses that are grappling with leadership, operational, and strategic challenges. It will leverage the exceptional Oxford talent pool of students and alumni, as well as faculty and senior business advisors. The project will also create opportunities for business-to-business collaborations amongst entrepreneurs, investors and corporations across different sectors. For the Saïd Business School student community the project will provide professional exposure, with a perspective of generating internship and future job opportunities.
Liber doesn't take any equity and there are no fees for participation.
Applications are now closed.
- The programme will admit up to 35 UK start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs from a diverse range of sectors; companies are not limited to those addressing Covid-19 solutions, but to all companies affected by the crisis
- Oxford Saïd student community, including MBAs, EMBAs, alumni, undergraduates, and diploma students
- Oxford faculty and business networks, including the oNetwork and organisational partners
Benefits for start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs
Leadership support to develop grit and resilience
- Coaching sessions
- Leadership seminar
- Peer to peer sessions with other business leaders
- Wellbeing workshops
- Advisory sessions from oNetwork
Organisational and operational support
- Business expertise provided through consultancy
- Each start-up, scale-up or SME will gain executive consultancy and advice from our senior advisors
- A series of webinars and masterclasses on topics such as finance, innovation, crisis management, law and communications
Partnerships and network support
We aim to build partnerships with organisations who can offer support to the cohort of start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs such as access to investment, resources and networks.
Cohort of companies
Benefits for the students
- Possibility of internships
- Work experience consulting start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs (a minimum of 20 hours over a 4-month period)
- Access to professional networks and business leaders
- Access to advisory sessions
- A series of webinars and masterclasses on topics such as consulting, finance, innovation, crisis management, law and communications
Project start date: May 2020
Applications for start-ups and SMEs: 27 April 2020
Applications for Oxford Saïd students open: 4 May 2020
Project completion date: September 2020
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com