1. Introspection: Understanding individual and team motivations. The objective of this session is to understand yourself better, your ambitions and your motivations. This will improve self-awareness, knowledge of identity and as well as understand that other people’s motivations vary. These skills can support successful team building and team work.
2. Understanding the challenge. In order to successfully ideate, a problem statement needs to be fully developed through different approaches and techniques. Participants will take a deep dive into their proposed challenge in order to complete the session with a strong ‘How might we…’ statement.
3. Idea generation. Using a variety of techniques, the objective of the session is to generate as many ideas as possible to answer the challenge set in the previous session. The focus is quantity rather than quality at this stage.
4. Refinement & Mapping. Working from a large volume of ideas, these will be worked down to create a selection of the most powerful that address the challenge. From there participants will look at how they can be developed further into tangible solutions.
5. Prototyping. From the selected ideas, participants will understand how to develop effective prototypes that convey the idea in an efficient and low-cost way, taking on board feedback from their peers.
Applications for the 2021 programme will open in Michaelmas term.