Participants attend from business, government, NGOs, academia, professional bodies, and inter-governmental organisations.
Oxford Scenarios Programme
- 5 days
- Short programme
- £5,500 plus accommodation
About the programme
In an uncertain world scenario planning equips you with the skills and tools to deal effectively with potential opportunities, threats and challenges.
On this programme, you will learn how to develop robust strategies in the face of numerous plausible futures.
You will cover a broad range of themes, including:
- What can we influence in the context of our organisation and what will most influence success in the future?
- What is the relationship between strategic planning and scenarios?
- How do I design a fit-for-purpose scenario intervention?
- How do scenarios and forecasting relate to each other?
- Who does what in scenario practice?
Unique to the programme is the live client case study. You will work on a strategic issue as part of a group for a real world client. Through this work you gain hands-on experience and put your theoretical learning into practice, receiving real-time feedback.
An introduction to the programme
What our alumni say
This programme was a carefully considered investment...we make back many times the cost every month on successful scenarios I have built for clients.
Scenarios at work is a series of in-depth alumni stories, focusing on the programme's impact for past participants and their organisations.
- Understand complex scenario theories, methodologies, approaches and interventions
- Identify how to deploy effective scenarios and learn why scenarios can fail
- Opportunity for individual growth and reflection, and to question assumptions
To your business
- Empowered scenario planners able to creatively drive strategic thinking and practice
- Able to make key decisions in the context of turbulence, uncertainty, novelty and ambiguity (TUNA)
- Knowledge of where scenario planning fits in the organisation and its relation to other processes
Who can apply?
This programme is for individuals and teams with responsibility for strategy, planning or leadership.
Join a diverse community of scenario planners whose different perspectives will enrich your learning during the programme and beyond.
Joining the programme
Next programme dates:
8–12 April 2019
30 September – 4 October 2019
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials, coffee breaks and most meals: £5,500
Accommodation at Egrove Park: £640
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.