Oxford Programme on Negotiation
- 5 days
- Short Programme
- £7,800 plus accommodation
About the programme
Develop deep insights into what is really going on during negotiations.
You will analyse complex case studies and practise what you learn through role-plays based on Oxford and other simulations. This will enable you to develop a robust framework for successful future negotiations.
Working with experienced faculty and tutors, you will take an objective look at your own negotiating style, reflect on past negotiations and experiment with new approaches.
Participants come from a wide range of geographical, cultural and organisational backgrounds, bringing a very real and valuable diversity to the debate. Exchanging ideas and experiences with a diverse group of participants, as well as a range of practitioners and academics, will help you understand negotiating across cultures and different perspectives.
- Understanding decision-making in negotiations - how to negotiate rationally in a non-rational world
- Group decision-making in negotiations
- Negotiating in multi-party situations
- Communicating persuasively in negotiations
- Negotiating in a changing environment
- Trust and ethics in negotiation
- Negotiating successfully across cultures
- The significance of context and negotiations within organisations
An introduction to the programme
What our alumni say
The programme lived up to my expectations and I was able to benefit from it immediately with improved results in my relationships and negotiations with suppliers and clients alike.
- Evaluate your skills and develop a plan to maximise your potential
- Work with tutors to understand your own negotiating style
- Master subconscious biases
To your business
- Approach multi-party and multi-cultural negotiations with confidence
- Gain co-operation and reach consensus
- Achieve better results with all stakeholders
Who can apply?
The Oxford Programme on Negotiation is suitable for both individuals and teams.
It is designed for senior executives with an average 10+ years experience, from private, public and non-profit sectors.
The profile of participants varies widely, including CEOs, directors, senior civil servants, military officers, political and educational leaders, officials of multilateral organisations, NGO executives and senior managers.
Joining the programme
Next programme dates:
25–30 November 2018
16–21 June 2019
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials, coffee breaks and most meals: £7,800
Accommodation in a city centre hotel: £869
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.