We are looking for candidates with intellectual curiosity and drive required to succeed in a demanding and thought-provoking environment.
How to apply
Submit your application
You need to submit your online application form meeting the application requirements, by your chosen application deadline.
- Full academic transcripts
- A one-page CV containing relevant professional experience
- GMAT or GRE score report
- English test (if required)
- Two professional/academic references
- Supporting statement
- Online assessment
- A completed online application form along with a £150 application fee
Application deadlines for the Oxford MBA class of 2020-21:
- Stage 1: 6 September 2019
- Stage 2: 1 November 2019
- Stage 3: 10 January 2020
- Stage 4: 3 April 2020
- Stage 5: 29 May 2020
Application deadlines for the Oxford MBA class of 2021-22:
- Stage 1: 11 September 2020
- Stage 2: 30 October 2020
- Stage 3: 8 January 2021
- Stage 4: 9 April 2021
Prepare for your interview
The admissions committee will review your complete application. You will be notified on the interview decision deadline whether you have been short-listed for an interview. Interviews will be conducted by either a faculty member, senior member of our administrative staff, or an industry adviser. Your interview can take place in Oxford, overseas (subject to availability), or via Skype.
Interviews last approximately 30 minutes and you will be asked questions about your background, aspirations, and how the MBA programme fits with your plans. We recommend that you prepare for this interview as you would for a job interview and be ready to provide more information about any aspect of your application.
You will be notified on whether or not you have been short-listed for an interview for 2020-21 intake on the stage date below:
- Stage 1: 20 September 2019
- Stage 2: 15 November 2019
- Stage 3: 31 January 2020
- Stage 4: 24 April 2020
- Stage 5: 19 June 2020
You will be notified on whether or not you have been short-listed for an interview for 2021-22 intake on the stage date below:
- Stage 1: 25 September 2020
- Stage 2: 13 November 2020
- Stage 3: 29 January 2021
- Stage 4: 30 April 2021
Once all interviews have been conducted, the admissions committee decides which candidates will receive an offer to join the MBA programme. If you receive an offer, you will need:
- to secure your place by paying a deposit fee of £8,300
- confirm your college preference
In some cases, before making a final decision the committee may decide to re-evaluate your application against candidates applying in the next stage. In the final stage, if the committee wishes to offer you a place on the programme but the class is full, you may be placed on a waitlist.
Final decisions for 2020-21 will be emailed to all candidates on the final decision deadline of the stage in which you have applied below:
- Stage 1: 18 October 2019
- Stage 2: 13 December 2019
- Stage 3: 20 March 2020
- Stage 4: 29 May 2020
- Stage 5: 10 July 2020
Final decisions for 2021-22 will be emailed to all candidates on the final decision deadline of the stage in which you have applied below:
- Stage 1: 16 October 2020
- Stage 2: 11 December 2020
- Stage 3: 19 March 2021
- Stage 4: 28 May 2021
Applications for the Oxford MBA class of 2021-22 (commencing September 2021) will open on 1 August 2020. Register your interest and introduce yourself to our team to keep in touch with us.
Business schools are looking for real people with real stories, hopes, dreams and aspirations post their MBA – so be that version of yourself.
Selecting your college
Once you have received an offer and paid your deposit you will be able to choose a college. Although we cannot guarantee you will be accepted at your preferred college, we can guarantee you will receive membership at one of the colleges.
When selecting a college there are some factors you may want to consider:
- Type of college; whether it is specifically for graduates, or if it also accepts undergraduate students. Some graduate only colleges are preferred by students who are returning to study after a period of substantial work experience, perhaps bringing a family with them. Other students prefer to mix with both the graduate and undergraduate community.
- Location within Oxford; the city is small and most colleges are no more than about a 15-minutes walk from the city centre and Saïd Business School. View the College location map.
- Art, music, drama and sport: Some colleges have strong dramatic traditions whereas others are very strong in sports such as rowing. Depending on what your interests are you may find some colleges more suitable than others.
You can either rent privately or apply for accommodation through your college, with some offering accommodation to individuals, couples and/or families. This may within the college grounds or located around Oxford (see each college entry for specific details). Remember that not all colleges offer accommodation to Saïd Business School students and where it is provided it is usually allocated on a first come first served basis.
Free GMAT® practice tests
Master your GMAT® and practice using our free online simulator. With three test options - micro, mini, or full - you will be able to prepare yourself for the real thing.
Ready to apply?
Applications for the class of 2021-22 will open on 1 August 2020. Register to be the first to know about deadline dates and updates, or alternatively, introduce yourself to our team for a CV review and one-on-one discussion about your profile.