Oxford Impact Investing Programme
- 5 days
- Short programme
- £6,000 plus accommodation
The Oxford Impact Investing Programme is now full for 2019. Alternatively please apply for our 2020 programme which will take place between 16-20 March 2020.
About the programme
Impact investing focuses on developing business solutions to the world's most pressing social problems.
On this pioneering programme, you will develop a deep and broad understanding of the impact investment sector and understand how to make more targeted investment decisions.
You will learn how to:
- work effectively as an impact investment practitioner
- develop an effective strategy and plan
- measure and assess your impact
You will study in a dynamic learning environment, supported by our community of highly experienced academics, guest speakers and partners from all over the world.
On completion, you will have the skills and knowledge to play your role as a key participant in community-based global change and the impact investing profession.
An introduction to the programme
What our alumni say
This is the only programme of its kind; it helped us position ourselves as leaders in the field.
- Gain the skills to develop an impact investing strategy for your business
- Understand the sensitivities and nuances of conducting impact investments in different cultural contexts
- Identify and execute deals that yield financial, social and environmental returns
To your business
- Develop a focused, strategic approach to impact investment
- Deliver financial and social returns from investments targeted to achieve your organisational mission
- Access to the latest research and global networks
Day one – individual and organisational objectives
- Understanding the impact investing ecosystem
- Identifying drivers of investment goals and strategy
- Effective leadership styles for addressing complex collaborations
- Develop your theory of change and performance measurement
- Emerging economies (African) case study – impact investing deal and exit
Day two – deal making and impact measurement
- Deal making and impact measurement
- How to identify investable propositions and build quality deal flow
- Financial instruments, fee structures and building the term sheet
- Due diligence from financial and human security viewpoints – do no harm
- Emerging economies (Brazil) case study – venture capital impact investing fund
Day three – investment process and the impact on society
- Measuring impact and communicating triple bottom-line returns
- Using results to recalibrate investment in programmes and the overall portfolio
- Creating cultural competency for effective community engagement
- Case study (UK) – community transport
Day four – innovative finance and policy
- Policy as an accelerator
- Social impact bonds
- Success and failures – what can we learn
- Pioneers in action
Day five – putting it into action
- Review innovative programmes from around the world
- Small group and 1-1 tutorials to put together a personalised action plan and develop an elevator pitch of your future strategy
- Review latest research and future forecast trends
Joining the programme
Who can apply?
This programme is for philanthropists, investors, financial executives, wealth managers, consultants and other leaders working in the social finance sector.
Next programme date:
25–29 March 2019 – applications now open
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials, all daytime refreshments and evening meals.
Accommodation – this is a non-residential programme. We can book accommodation for you and bill it alongside your programme fee, please indicate requirements on your application form.
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits are available for three or more participants to attend Oxford Social Finance Programme or Oxford Impact measurement programme within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.