Oxford Leading Professional Service Firms Programme
- 6 weeks
- Short programme
About the programme
Within the realm of professional service firms (PSFs), a competitive advantage has traditionally been achieved through technical knowledge and excellence.
However, as clients’ demands have risen, technology has become increasingly powerful, and firms more diverse, technical expertise is no longer a unique business quality – it’s now a prerequisite. Partners of PSFs need a new set of competencies to drive business development and set themselves and their firms apart.
The Oxford Leading Professional Service Firms Programme is designed to provide a crucial market edge to the senior leaders and partners responsible for managing PSFs. Senior managers and partners working within consulting and professional services, and professionals from industries such as finance, law, and IT, will have the opportunity to optimise their skills by focusing on leadership, strategic planning, and innovation. Gain the skills to create a strategy for innovation and growth, and secure a competitive advantage for you and your firm.
Delivered in collaboration with digital education provider GetSmarter, a 2U, Inc. brand, you will be part of a community learning together through a dedicated Online Campus.
An introduction to the programme
- The skills to create a competitive edge for your business, as well as yourself, guided by exclusive Oxford research that focuses on leadership development
- Leadership and strategic planning skills that enable you to respond to and manage unique PSF challenges, and help you remain relevant as you progress in your career
- A strategy for transformation and innovation, with insight into the roles that technology, diversity, and paradoxes play in PSFs
- Insights from leading business practitioners, field experts, and academics, as well as a global network of fellow PSF leaders
- Access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn
Welcome to your online campus.
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
From expert to orchestrator: Redefine your contribution to competitive advantage.
Explore what makes your firm stand out and realise the foundations of your leadership.
Excellence with relevance: Deliver client-centric services through bundling.
Explore strategies for delivering an outstanding client service experience.
Becoming known: Grow your reputation through compelling communication.
Discover techniques to enhance your visibility and broaden your reputational footprint.
Beyond the trusted partner: Grow strategic relationships through partnering.
Explore strategies to maintain a broad network of relationships and grow your influence.
Ahead of the curve: Future proof your capabilities through collaborative learning.
The big win: Leading transformational innovation in your firm.
Explore how to build momentum for transformational innovation and growth.
Industry expert contributors
- Jungkiu Choi - Managing Director and Partner, Boston Consulting Group
- Edel Christie - Global Transformation Leader, Arcadis
- Chris Danusiar - Senior Client Partner, Globant
- Mark Fearn - Partner, The Berkeley Partnership
- Amanda Gethin - Global Talent Leader, EY
- David Gittleson - EMEIA Consulting Managing Partner, EY
- Dena McCallum - Founding Partner, Eden McCallum LLP
- Richard Macklin - Former Global Vice Chair, Dentons
- Mary O'Connor - UK Head of Clients and Markets, KPMG
- Nigel Spencer - Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School
- Marc Stears - Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School and Director, Sydney Policy Lab
- Alexander Steinbrecher - Head of Group Corporate, M&A and Legal Affairs, Bombardier
- Allyson Stewart-Allen - Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School
Options for organisations
If you are looking to integrate Oxford online programmes with your organisation’s learning and development strategy, we have tailored solutions to help deliver an innovative learning experience across teams.