Oxford AI in Fintech and Open Banking Programme
- 6 weeks
- Short programme
About the programme
Big data powered by artificial intelligence (AI) is reshaping the global financial services industry, and open banking promises to transform it further still.
As open banking expands across the globe, the unleashing of data will open new market opportunities with the potential to radically transform the industry, creating new winners, losers, rewards and challenges.
This programme is designed and built to give you the knowledge and insight you need to analyse and strategise open banking.
Key themes include:
- The value of data
- Ethical AI
- Open banking regulations
- AI disruption and transformation
- AI powered fintechs
- Rise of the platforms
In a world where big data and consequently data-driven businesses are disrupting all markets, it is critical for those working in finance to have a clear understanding of how data and AI are transforming their industry and what they can do about it.
On completion of this advanced programme, you'll walk away with:
- Clarity of the potential and power that AI can bring to the financial services industry.
- The ability to think strategically about AI and understand the business impact as access to financial data becomes more open.
- A deep understanding of the AI driven data economy and how it impacts open banking.
- Your own AI enabled capstone project, having explored in-depth the value of data, ethical AI, AI disruption and transformation giving you a further understanding of AI-powered fintech and the rise of platforms.
- Access to the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn.
Welcome to your online campus.
Applications to join the programme will be accepted until the end of the orientation module.
Introduction to AI and data basics
An introduction to the criticality of data in financial services, and how AI is unlocking new products, services and innovation in the financial services industry.
Open banking and the data revolution
Understanding open banking and what happens to the data being opened by it.
AI in incumbent banks and the opportunities for new entrants
A practical and tangible look at the current state of the use of AI in banks and new market entrants.
Platforms as key market players
The rise of big tech platforms as key market players in finance.
AI opportunities, pitfalls and ethics
Examining the ethical issues surrounding data, including discrimination, privacy, and competition.
Open data, AI strategy and the future
Look ahead to the future of open data and open banking, examining what it means for the finance industry.
Options for organisations
If you are looking to integrate Oxford online programmes with your organisation’s learning and development strategy, we have tailored solutions to help deliver an innovative learning experience.
- For a more in-depth conversation about our online programmes speak to the Oxford team.