Oxford Programme on Valuation of Private Assets
- 5 days on campus
- Short programme
- £8,000 plus accommodation
About the programme
Private markets are a fast-growing area of finance and an important asset class in investor portfolios.
Corporate buyers look for ways to add new technologies and products to their platforms through acquisitions of mature companies and startups. Buyout and venture capital managers are actively looking for ways to deploy capital. Increasing investor allocations fuel the expansion of private credit, infrastructure and real estate. Environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) and impact investing are top of mind for many institutions.
These dynamics lead to an increased activity in private markets. Professionals who want to remain fluent in financial markets need to sharpen their valuation toolkit and stay up-to-date on current trends. This in turn, will allow them to take full advantage of the plethora of opportunities in private assets.
On this programme you will gain hands-on valuation experience across:
- Early-stage companies
- Mature companies
- Private credit
- Real estate
- Emerging markets
- ESG and impact investing
What you can expect from this programme
Day one: The private assets landscape
- The world of illiquid assets
- Valuation principles
- Real Estate Valuation
- Private Credit
- Impact investing case study: affordable housing.
Day two: Venture and negotiation tactics
- Valuing start ups
- Term sheets negotiations
- Valuing private assets at scale
- Valuation mind games and negotiations
Day three: Due diligence, infrastructure and emerging markets
- Due diligence
- Financial modeling
- Common valuation mistakes
- Valuation in emerging markets
- Infrastructure valuation
Day four: Advanced valuation topics
- Advanced valuation issues
- Valuation disputes
- Valuation of digital assets
- Dealmaking and price negotiation
Day five: Valuation disputes and discussion
- Dispute resolution: role play
- Social impact discussion
- Hot valuation topics
Benefits to you
- Understand the valuation of illiquid investments
- Structure transactions that meet the demands of both entrepreneurs and investors
- Improve your due diligence skills and present stronger deals to the investment committee
- Discuss real-life transactions with experienced executives
- Expand your professional network and enhance your value on the job market
- Lifetime membership of the Oxford Business Alumni Network
Benefits to your organisation
- Enhanced due diligence process and strategic decision-making
- Sharper assessment of the risks, opportunities and rewards of new investments
- Stronger position in transaction negotiations
- Incorporate ESG and social impact investing into your organisation
- Confidence to consider business opportunities in a new asset category or geography
Joining the programme
Who can apply?
Professionals from across investment and corporate finance including:
- Executives from corporates looking to acquire early stage technology companies
- Strategy, finance or business development directors charged with building by acquisition
- Teams from institutional investors who need knowledge across asset classes
- Family offices evaluating direct investment proposals
- Banks and corporate finance consultants advising on transactions and strategies
- Entrepreneurs looking to structure funding for new ventures.
27 November - 1 December 2023
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials and all daytime refreshments and evening meals including one at an Oxford college.
Accommodation – this is a non-residential programme. We will book your accommodation and include it on your invoice.
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.
Terms and conditions
Tindara Lo Re, Business Development Team