Oxford Private Equity Programme
- 5 days
- Short programme
- £7,500 plus accommodation
About the programme
Join Professor Tim Jenkinson and industry leaders in a lively discourse about the current and future state of private equity and the opportunities it presents.
Research findings from Professor Tim Jenkinson and colleagues at the Private Equity Institute are incorporated throughout the five days.
Drawing on the latest analysis you will assess the opportunities, risks and developments including:
- Private equity portfolio allocations
- Quantifying fund performance
- Selecting and comparing funds
- Fund raising strategies
- Structuring private equity investments
- The role, risks and limits of leverage
- Understanding the distribution of returns, fees and carried interest
- Co-investment and direct investment opportunities
- Alignment of incentive structures
- Emerging markets private equity
- Exit routes
The programme is for professionals across the corporate finance, investment management and private equity industry. Join us to develop your private equity strategy alongside a qualified peer group from across the world.
An introduction to the programme
What our alumni say
A truly amazing and engaging experience resulting in a deep dive in the details of the PE industry
- Access expertise from institutional investors, top private equity firms, corporate lawyers and portfolio CEOs
- Insight from analysis of unique data-sets to reveal current and predicted trends
- Network with professional peers in an exclusive, small group setting
- See how the sector is predicted to be in ten years
To your business
- Incorporate predicted industry trends into you strategy based on the latest research
- Practical exercises and high level networking mean participants can add value to their organisation’s decision making process
- Improved technical expertise to make investments which manage risk and deliver returns
Day one – the institutional investor perspective
- See the big picture to understand the whole private equity value chain
- Setting and managing private equity allocations
- Explore the relationships between LPs and GPs
- Managing the risks, costs and relationships
- Limited Partnership Agreements
Day two – Private equity investment structures
- Fee structures and incentives.
- Follow the money by modelling the waterfall
- Measuring the performance of PE funds
- Compare returns over repeat funds, sectors and vintages
- Building a successful GP
Day three – LBOs, Incentives and Governance
- How PE firms value their portfolio companies
- LBO modelling
- Explore leveraged finance, buy-outs and the role of debt
- Incentivising performance in PE portfolio companies
- Co-investments and direct PE investing
Day four – Market trends and emerging markets
- Assess the size, performance and risks of Venture Capital
- Consider issues affecting VC - anti-dilution, board structure, fund raising, negotiating term sheets and future sources of capital.
- Figure out fund of funds
- Using PE to access growth opportunities in Africa and Asia
- Investing in emerging markets for development and financial return
Day five – exit routes and the future of private equity
- Discuss pros and cons of the main exit routes
- Improving returns by dis-intermediation
- Evaluate evolving models, co-investments and direct investing
- Incorporate likely future evolutions into your strategy with a review of research from the Private Equity Institute
Joining the programme
Who can apply?
Professionals across the corporate finance, investment management and private equity industry including private equity professionals, advisors, investment bankers, corporate lawyers and accountants. Entrepreneurs, Angel investors, venture capitalists and SRI portfolio managers are also be able to apply.
Next programme date:
13 - 18 June 2022 – applications now open
Programme fee includes all tuition, education materials and all daytime refreshments and evening meals including one at a college.
Accommodation – this is a non-residential programme. We can book accommodation for you and bill it alongside your programme fee, please indicate requirements on your application form.
Registrations are confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee, and places are allocated in order of receipt of payment.
Take advantage of our corporate partner rate (15%) if three or more people from your organisation take part.
Further benefits for organisations are available when three or more participants attend one of our executive programmes within 12 months.
Once you have a confirmed place on a programme, we suggest you apply for a visa as soon as possible, as it can take up to 100 days to process.
Saïd Business School can provide a letter to support your visa application if required.