Oxford Impact Investing Programme
Our programme has been formed around a structured learning environment, providing you with the key insights that only our global community of pioneering speakers, partner organisations and faculty can provide.
We begin the week with an overview of the trends and macroeconomic reasons for the growth of the sector, and quickly progress to policy, theory, and practice. The focus will be on developing useful skills essential to succeed in impact investments, including building effective organisations able to address the rigors of due diligence and supporting effective community-based projects.
Participants will finish the programme informed, inspired, and equipped to participate in, and make a positive contribution to community-based and global change and the impact investing profession.
Day one – impact investing landscape and impact measurement
- Impact Investing overview
- Identifying drivers of investment goals and strategy
- Effective leadership styles for addressing complex collaborations
- Develop your Theory of Change (TOC) and Performance Measurement
- Impact Measurement and Management
Day two – impact investing in emerging markets (deal making)
- How to identify investable propositions and build quality dealflow
- Financial instruments, fee structures and building the term sheet
- Due diligence from financial and human security viewpoints – do no harm
- Impact investing in Africa - deal making and exits
- Impact investing in Latin America - Vox Capital
Day three – impact investing markets
- State of the field - History, Policy and Practice
- New Markets for the Millennial Generation - Case Foundation
- Impact Investment Banking - ClearlySo
- Impact investing in the UK and North America
Day four – innovative impact finance
- Pay for Success: Social Impact Bonds (SIBs)
- New investments for impact
- Gender Lens Investing - Calvert Foundation
Day five – impact investing in developed markets (deal making)
- Impact investing in the UK
- Developing a portfolio of funds from entry to exit - Bridges Fund Management
- Panel: exit and impact
'It brought to life just how incredibly diverse the impact investing sector is across the globe.'
Dr Gerry Power, Chief Research Officer,
M&C Saatchi World Services