MSc in Major Programme Management
Benefits to your organisation
Whilst major programmes have the power to transform a company, a city and even a country, they frequently fail to deliver on their promise with significant consequences for people and organisations.
Informed by cutting-edge research, this programme management course combines the highest standards of academic rigour with a practical approach to managing successful large-scale, complex and transformational projects to deliver real and significant value to your organisation.
The MSc in Major Programme Management offers a number of benefits to your organisation including:
- Your increased confidence, expertise and ability to lead major programmes successfully
- Better management of the risks inherent in major programmes through your understanding and focus on risk and complexity
- Greater likelihood of success derived through your enhanced ability to manage performance and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Your exposure to world-leading faculty and talented peer group which will immediately refresh your own thinking and also the range of ideas that your organisation has access to
- The modular format which enables you to integrate study into your working life, while remaining a productive and contributing member of the management team
- You can add value to your organisation from the very first module by applying your learning directly when you return
- You gain the knowledge and insight you need to navigate the complexities major programme management and make the broadest possible contribution to the success of your organisation.
If you are seeking support from your employer it may be helpful to prepare the following:
A skills gap analysis - think through where you currently fit in your organisation and how the Oxford MSc in Major Programme Management will enhance the contribution you make
Match your objectives in undertaking the MSc to those of your organisation by using the module content
Illustrate how an increased knowledge of the areas covered by the programme management course could benefit your organisation
An idea for investigation in your dissertation which will bring real and tangible benefits to your organisation.
|Employer organisations represented in recent cohorts include:|
|A.P.Moller – Maersk||EDF|
|Booz Allen Hamilton||General Electric|
|Chicago Bridge & Iron|
|Department of Defence, Australia||Habib Bank|
|Inchcape Shipping Services||Rolls-Royce|
|KPMG||The Walt Disney Company|
|Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation||ThysenKrupp Elevator|
|Mitsubishi Heavy Industries||United Nationals Food and Agriculture Organisation|
|NASA||Universal Music Publishing|
|National Grid||US Army Corps|
If this isn't quite the right programme for you, or you'd like to learn about our other programmes, then our programme finder tool is available to help you.