We are proud to collaborate with the Global Shapers Community, an initiative of the World Economic Forum. Applicants from the Global Shapers Community will be eligible to be considered for a full scholarship, as part of an exclusive scholarship fund allocated to the School's partner communities.
What can the Oxford MBA do for Global Shapers?
- The programme combines the technical knowledge required to launch, grow and run innovative organisations under conditions of complexity and uncertainty with the applied and personal development needed to inspire others
- Introduces Shapers to other international networks as well as networks of capital and expertise
- Accelerates Shapers’ personal development, insight and persuasive abilities
- Gives Shapers access to the wider Oxford community of Colleges, other departments and the Oxford Union
- A year in Oxford allows Shapers time to reflect and share experiences with other talented young leaders
Global Shapers will have dedicated application support provided by the Recruitment and Admissions Team. For specific programme and application queries, Shapers can contact Aidan O'Halloran, Pershing Square and 1+1 MBA Recruitment Manager.
Global Shapers will need to meet the Oxford MBA entry requirements but may request a deferral of GMAT or TOEFL requirement until and if an offer to join the programme is extended to them. Click here to read on the application process.
We welcome applications form the Global Shapers until stage 4 (17 March 2017). Shapers securing an offer of a place in the programme will be required to sit the GMAT exam and where necessary an English test ( TOEFL or IELTS) in order to be considered for the scholarship. We are happy to support selected Shapers on their GMAT preparation through GMAT prep courses, please contact us to find out more.
- Candidates apply online. Please contact us to find out more.
- Selected applicants will be invited to interviewed. You will be notified on the interview decision deadline whether you have been short-listed for an interview. Interviews will be conducted by a Faculty member. These can take place in person at Oxford or overseas, or via Skype, if you are unable to travel to the interview location.
- Successful candidates will be emailed an offer letter by the decision deadline of the stage in which you have applied.
A full scholarship will be awarded to those Shapers who successfully receive an offer to join the programme and are exceptional in their potential, achievements and posses the drive to make a contribution to their communities. When selecting the scholarships recipients we will consider:
- The applicant’s merits both professional and academic: excellent academic records, evidence of University prizes or awards, evidence of career progression.
- Applicant’s leadership potential and ability to positively influence others.
- Applicant’s engagement with the Shapers community and the Hub they belong to, including their involvement with their network.
Scholarship application process
Candidates selected from those Shapers who have gained admission into the programme, will be invited to a scholarship interview to be conducted in person at Oxford or over Skype according to the deadlines provided on the table below.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a scholarship award interview conducted by a group of senior staff and faculty at the School after the decisions from stage 4 have been communicated ( 28 April 2017)
All Shapers are also invited to apply to the following scholarships:
- Skoll scholarship (for social entrepreneurs and those working toward positive social impact)
- Saïd Foundation Scholarships for nationals of Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Asia or the UK
- Said Foundation Scholarships for Women
- Forte Foundation Scholarships for Women
- Dean’s Scholarship for Nationals from AfricaDean’s Scholarship for Nationals from Latin America
- Alumni Fund Scholarships
- Zamir Telecom Scholarships for students from Africa and the Middle East
- Ernst and Young Scholarships for national residents of Angola
- Pershing Square Scholarships for MBA 1+1 Candidates
'We are becoming increasingly aware that solutions to our global challenges must purposefully engage youth, at all levels – locally, regionally, nationally and globally. This generation has the passion, dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit to shape the future.'
Professor Klaus Schwab, World Economic Forum Founder and Executive Chairman