Oxford Executive MBA
India Module: The Global Rules of the Game
In the first year of study, Oxford Executive MBA students visit either Bangalore or Mumbai in India to study for the Global Rules of the Game module. This module gives students the opportunity to examine how globalization is affecting the scope of corporate strategy and activity, and provides some frameworks and tools to consider how to formulate and implement effective global strategy given this changing context.
There are two broad themes that we address throughout the module: corporate diplomacy to shape the business environment, and challenges of doing business in emerging markets.
As the module is taught in India, students are able to analyse how competitive advantage is shaped in India. Participants have a unique experience combining classroom activities with firm visits and guest speakers. Rather than simply read and discuss the challenges of doing business in India, you will witness the challenges first-hand.
Read real student experiences on the module through our blog
- Scholarship Winners Q&A : Module in India - Pamela Walker and Elena Mariotti
- "Walking ten thousand miles of the world is better than reading ten thousand scrolls" - Chinese proverb - Christine Li Auyeung
- How foreign and local firms operate in India - Tawuya Chipato
- Module 3: India - Stephen Douglas
- India - Anonymous blogger
- Operations in a world apart - Per Magne Sviggum
- India Immersion - Jyoti Chopra
- Module 3 - India - Moses Soussis