Oxford Diploma in Organisational Leadership
English fluency information
|Minimum required on each component||Listening - 22
Reading - 24
Writing - 24
Speaking - 25
Waivers: The requirement to provide proof of English language proficiency may be waived, at the discretion of the University, in the following circumstances:
- You have successfully completed a full-time degree-level course of a minimum of nine months at a recognised institution where the medium of instruction and assessment is entirely in English
- You have completed extensive work experience within an English speaking country, or a company that uses English as its language of communication.
If you wish to apply for a waiver to the English language requirement, you must click on the ‘waived’ option in the TOEFL section of the application form.
As evidence we will require either that:
- The transcripts you submit with your application state that the sole language of instruction was English OR
- An official letter from your university stating that the medium of instruction throughout your course was English. This letter must be also be uploaded to the TOEFL/IELTS section of the on-line form OR
- A statement written by yourself outlining your experience working in an English speaking country or a company that uses English as its language of communication. This statement must be uploaded to the TOEFL/IELTS section of the on-line form.
* List of majority English speaking countries as defined by the UKBA: Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Belize, Guyana
Exchange programmes/ distance learning/ on-line courses cannot be considered for the waiver.
More on TOEFL and IELTS
The institution code for ordering your official TOEFL score sheet from ETS is 0807. There is no department code, this can be left blank.
If you choose to take the IELTS you need to sit the academic test. If you sit the TOEFL it must be the general test.
TOEFL and IELTS scores will not be valid if they are more than two years old on the application deadline date of the stage in which you are applying.
Please note that we reserve the right to request a test of English to be taken at any time