Oxford BA in Economics and Management
For those who want to study a particular subject in more depth, you can choose to replace one of the optional papers with a thesis. A few students each year choose to do this.
Towards the end of the second year, you write a short proposal of the topic you wish to choose, obtain the agreement of your college tutor and find a supervisor who is willing to supervise. During the summer holiday and the first two terms of the third year, you carry out your own research and write a 15,000 word thesis.
Recent titles have included:
- Can we attribute the demise of Trade Union membership solely to the Conservative policies led by Margaret Thatcher’s government from 1979-1990?
- Fiscal Policy in Germany 1294-1929
- The Impact of income distribution on consumer prices for luxury versus necessary goods
- Labour market institutions and economic performance in Europe 1946-73
- How forms change markets and consumption: The case of Nike’s marketing strategy for football boots
- What should being a major car manufacturer entail in the near future.