Founded in 1546, Christ Church is one of the many jewels of Oxford. Its splendid Hall inspired the makers of the Harry Potter films to build its replica in their London studios.
Family Advisory Council Convening
The Ownership Project at Oxford Saïd
25-26 February 2019, Oxford
What is good ownership?
Why does it matter, and for whom?
How does ownership impact on corporate strategy, and on the role and responsibilities of owners?
We're delighted to welcome our Family Advisory Council members to our inaugural convening on 25-26 February. We're thrilled that so many of you can attend.
Monday 25 February: Christ Church, Oxford
Tuesday 26 February: Saïd Business School
Through a series of provocations, discussions and demonstration of new management tools, we will share our research findings and use your insights to help us shape future areas of research.
Tuesday 26 February: Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
We close with an evening of provocation, discussion and exploration over dinner at Oxford’s celebrated Ashmolean Museum, the world’s first university museum and the first to open to the public. Opened in 1683, its founding principle – that knowledge of humanity across cultures and times is important to society - manifests itself in the rich collections, some of them from key families who retain a strong connection to, and influence on the Museum today.
Places to visit in Oxford and beyond
From the many treasures that Oxford and Oxfordshire hold for visitors, we have highlighted a few recommendations for your visit:
- Explore Oxford's Castle quarter for shopping and dining.
- A major exhibition of the work of controversial artist and sculptor Jeff Koons at the Ashmolean Museum.
- A visit to Duke Humphrey's medieval library and 15th-century Divinity School in the Bodleian Library
- The internationally significant natural history collections of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History
- Designer shopping at Bicester Village.
- The birthplace of Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace is a masterpiece of baroque architecture.