Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship
The Skoll Academy is a six week long skills workshop series, run by the Skoll Centre. It is aimed at developing two groups of people: post-graduate students who will use their careers to affect social or environmental change and a selection of high potential entrepreneurs or ‘intrapreneurs’ from beyond the University. It is focused on developing practical innovation skills that are applicable in a variety of contexts – including within new ventures, the public sector, and big business.
If your primary professional objective is to drive innovation and effect a social or environmental change, then this course is for you.
This is a co-curricular, evening course and it is highly practical in nature. Those applying for the course must commit to attending all six workshops. Successful applicants will be exposed to a range of leading thinking and useful tools available to people in the sector. Topics to be covered include problem mapping, systems change, design thinking, impact measurement, and storytelling for change.
Through Skoll Academy participants will have access to the latest thought leadership with the intention that this is applied by working on strategic business challenges outside of the weekly programme. The practical nature of the course means that the cohort will work in pre-assigned cross-disciplinary teams with an external organisation to analyse a live strategic issue. Teams will develop actionable KPIs to drive a set of reccommendations that will be created for the organisation. In order to graduate from Skoll Academy all particpants must present their case in the final workshop.
The free course will run for a total of 6 weeks from October 2017 through to November, every Tuesday evening from 5:00 to 8:00pm.
Applications for the inaugural Skoll Academy are now open. Apply by Sunday 27 August 23:59 (BST).
Who is the programme for?
- Post-graduate students at the University of Oxford who can demonstrate a commitment to addressing social/ environmental challenges (degree and diploma students only)
- MBAs/EMBAs at Saïd Business School who can demonstrate a commitment to addressing social/ environmental challenges
- Individuals beyond the University who are using entrepreneurial solutions to solve a social/ environmental problem (10 spaces are reserved for this group)
- This programme is not currently open to undergraduate students
- Relevance of your career/academic history to social/environmental innovation
- Relevance of your career plans to social/environmental innovation
- Evidence of why this course will benefit you
- Quality of short application essay in terms of:
- clarity of communication
- disciplinary insight