Oxford Institute of Retail Management
The Retail Location Analysis programme is directed by Jonathan Reynolds, Academic Director of the Oxford Institute of Retail Management and David Rogers, President of DSR Marketing Inc. The workshop comprises three main elements:
1. The new retail landscape
A series of background briefings by leading experts provide an understanding of the changing context within which locational and customer decision making is conducted. Plenary clinics and panels provide an opportunity to share particular problems and concerns and learn from others, and there are opportunities for personal discussion with the programme tutors.
2. Practitioner case studies
Senior practitioners from a range of businesses are invited to present and discuss their perspectives on retail location analysis. The informal and small scale setting permits genuine and open conversations to take place. Previous case studies have included speakers from Sainsbury’s British, Land, B&Q, Debenhams, Pets at Home, JD Sports, Telefónica, Walgreens and Land Securities.
3. Techniques workshops
Sessions on each day will introduce participants to the range of techniques available to location analysts and most will involve a series of team-based exercises.
In 2017 keynote speakers included:
- Jillian Elder Director of Enterprise Location Intelligence, Walgreens Co.
- Ben Dimson, Head of Retail Business Development, British Land
- Tim Pickworth, Location Planning Manager, Marks & Spencer
- Professor Alex Singleton, University of Liverpool
- Dhiresh Bhardwa, Business Manager, International Location Strategy, CACI
They discussed the following topics:
- Enterprise Location Intelligence at Walgreens
- The True Value of Stores
- Gravity modelling
- Open data/e-resilience
- International retailing
Other contributors discussed:
- Navigating the new retail landscape
- The Analogue method in a digital age
- Scenario planning for location analysis
- The changing role of the location planner
- … and more!
As new topics and speakers are confirmed for 2018, details will appear here. Please check back for regular updates.
If you have any questions about the Retail Location & Customer Analysis workshop or applying contact Claudia Seiler, who will be happy to help.
Download the RL&CA brochure 2017
Read full details of our Oxford Retail Location & Customer Analysis Programme 2017
Book a place on Retail Location & Customer Analysis 2018
If you would like to attend the next RL&CA workshop, you can soon book your place via the online Oxford University Store.