Seed fund overview
The Oxford Seed Fund is a student-led fund that invests up to £50k in early-stage ventures founded by Oxford students and alumni. It offers funding and support to early-stage ventures with a University of Oxford connection, i.e. those which have at least one current student or alumnus/na as a founding member.
The Seed Fund team is made up of Oxford Saïd MBA students, and a new team is appointed at the start of each academic year. Supported and guided by the Entrepreneurship Centre, the team takes on the soliciting of funding applications and the sourcing of deals, undertakes due diligence, and makes the final investment decisions.
Watch our short film to find out more about the Seed Fund:
What kind of businesses does the Seed Fund invest in?
We are looking for high-growth companies who need venture-style investment to grow. We do not invest in lifestyle businesses or nonprofits.
Our minimum investment criteria for companies require that they:
- Have an Oxford student or alumni on a strong founding team
- Are in a pilot or proof-of-concept stage, with no significant previous investment
- Have the potential to receive follow-on investment or generate substantial revenues in the next 18 months
- Have small initial capital requirements such that our quantum of funding can make a meaningful difference in the company’s trajectory
- Are registered either in the UK or the US, even if they operate elsewhere
If you are an investor, mentor, or established entrepreneur interested in getting involved with the Seed Fund programme, we'd love to hear from you too - please get in touch at email@example.com and we'll look forward to connecting.