The Oxford Seed Fund is a select international team of entrepreneurs, investors, and industry specialists. We invest up to £50,000 in the top Oxford-affiliated startups and provide them with the network and support they need to scale.
Supported by the Entrepreneurship Centre, we source and evaluate up to 200 potential deals per year, conduct due diligence, and ultimately invest in up to two startups per year.
Take a look at our investment portfolio, and read all about the investments we've made since the Fund was established in 2012.
Watch our short film to find out more.
What kind of businesses does the Seed Fund invest in?
We are looking for high-growth companies who need venture-style investment to grow. We look for business that fit the following minimum criteria:
- At least one Oxford Student or alumni as part of a strong founding team
- Have raised no mora than £100,000 in previous funding
- Have the potential to receive a 10x follow-on investment or generate substantial revenues in the next 18 months
- Initial capital requirements such that our funding can make a meaningful difference in the company's trajectory
- Registered wither in the UK or the US, even if they operate elsewhere
We always enjoy hearing from innovators, whether you are looking for funding or want to develop your idea. Get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2018 applications are now closed.
If you are an investor, mentor, or established entrepreneur interested in getting involved with the Seed Fund programme, we'd love to hear from you too. Send us an email, and we'll look forward to connecting!