The Power of Storytelling
This event has been fully subscribed, please follow the link below to join the waiting list and we will be in touch if places are released.
Stories engage people on an emotional level, and create a neural connection between the storyteller and the audience. If you tell a good story you can win peoples' minds and their hearts – engage their left and right brain - which gives you buy-in, commitment and ultimately a group of people who support what you are saying and are motivated to help you to make it happen.
If you need someone to invest in, implement or support your initiative or venture then telling them a good story which takes them on an emotional journey, will give you a much greater chance of success than showing them a powerpoint deck.
In business a mediocre idea presented well will almost always succeed ahead of a brilliant idea presented poorly, so come and learn techniques to build and tell stories that will help you win.
- Techniques to hook an audience at the outset
- Characters, context and scene setting
- Raising the emotional intensity
- Working towards the story’s climax
- Directing the audience’s emotional release towards a clear action
- The ending and next steps
- Storytelling techniques:
Techniques to build rapport:
- Neural coupling - connecting to your audience
- Making the story memorable
- Phraseology – what works and what doesn't
1. Learn why stories are such an effective way to motivate action in the business environment
2. Learn how to build your own story: story structure, how to tailor it to your audience, and hints and tips to deliver it with impact