About the event
Oxford Global Private Equity Challenge, in association with the University of Oxford’s Private Equity Institute.
Working in teams to assess the potential for a private equity investment (leverage buyout) of a publicly listed company, your recommendations will be evaluated by a professional judging panel with a cash award for the winning team.
- The challenge is open to students from elite global Business Schools.
- Each team will consist of four students (gender balanced). One team per school.
- Teams must choose a publicly listed target company with an enterprise value of $1bn - $6bn to assess as a leveraged buyout opportunity.
- They will develop a business case for the chosen company. This will include a full financial & valuation model and PowerPoint pitchbook.
- Entry fee is £50 per team. Finalists will need to cover their own travel and accommodation in Oxford.
- First round submissions by email 5 January 2020.
- Finalists notified later in January 2020
- Oxford Global Private Equity Challenge (Thursday 26 - Saturday 28 March 2020)
- Thursday: London Trek
- Friday: Competition & prize dinner at an Oxford college
- Saturday: Student organised events
The winning team will receive a cash prize of $5,000.
There are also sponsor prizes for individuals and competition elements.
Further instructions on how to apply have been circulated to elite global Business Schools. Further information can be found on the challange flyer.