About the event
Oxford Global Private Equity Challenge, in association with the University of Oxford’s Private Equity Institute.
Working in teams to assess the potential for a private equity investment (leverage buyout) of a publicly listed company, your recommendations will be evaluated by a professional judging panel with a cash award for the winning team.
- The challenge is open to students from elite global Business Schools.
- Each team will consist of three or four students (we prefer gender balanced teams) and no team to be entirely made up of (ex) PE professionals of Investment Bankers. One team per institution.
- Teams must choose a publicly listed target company with an enterprise value of $1bn - $4bn to assess as a leveraged buyout opportunity.
- They will develop a business case for the chosen company. This will include a full financial & valuation model and PowerPoint pitchbook.
- Entry fee is £50 per team. Finalists will need to cover their own travel and accommodation in Oxford.
- First round submissions by email 5 January 2020.
- Finalists notified later by 19th January 2020
- Oxford Global Private Equity Challenge (Thursday 26 - Saturday 28 March 2020)
- Thursday: London Trek
- Friday: Competition & prize dinner at an Oxford college
- Saturday: Student organised events
- The winning team will receive a cash prize of $5,000.
- Best financial model to win a separate prize of $1,000 awarded by AMT Training
- Every submission will receive a written report about their model from AMT Training
There are also sponsor prizes for individuals and competition elements.