About the event
Oxford Global Private Equity Challenge, in association with the University of Oxford’s Private Equity Institute.
Working in teams to assess the potential for a private equity investment (leverage buyout) of a publicly listed company, your recommendations will be evaluated by a professional judging panel with a cash award for the winning team.
- The challenge is open to students from elite global Business Schools.
- Each team will consist of four students (gender balanced). One team per school.
- Teams will be given the name of a publicly listed target company to assess as a leveraged buyout opportunity.
- They will develop a business case for the chosen company. This will include a full financial & valuation model and PowerPoint pitchbook.
- Entry fee is £50. Finalists will need to cover their own travel and accommodation in Oxford.
- First round submissions by email 1st December 2019
- Finalists notified in January 2020
- Oxford Global Private Equity Challenge (Thursday 26 - Saturday 28 March 2020)
- Thursday: London Trek
- Friday: Competition & prize dinner at an Oxford college
- Saturday: Student organised events
The winning team will receive a significant cash prize.
There are also sponsor prizes for individuals and competition elements.
Further instructions on how to apply will be circulated to elite global Business Schools in due course.