The CEPR and the University of St Gallen is co-hosting a workshop on Business Taxation on 14 - 15 February 2020.
The workshop will take place on Friday-Saturday, 14-15 February 2020 and is hosted by the University of St Gallen, Switzerland.
The workshop aims to bring together researchers with a focus on business taxation. We aim at a mix of theoretical and empirical studies that explore the effects of business taxation on firm-level decisions and aggregate economic performance. The themes below are indicative:
- Firm-level effects on investment, R&D and employment
- Financial decisions and organisational choice
- Location choice, outsourcing, profit shifting, tax competition
- Internal capital and labour markets and firm-level productivity
- Tax compliance and digital transformation
- Heterogeneous tax effects on entrepreneurial and managerial firms
- Taxation of excess business profit, mark-ups and competition
- Taxation of the financial sector
- Macroeconomic impact of business tax reform
- Design of business tax reform
Alan Auerbach, University of California at Berkeley, Robert D Burch Center of Tax Policy and Public Finance; and
Michael Devereux, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation and CEPR.