With this interactive online tool the Internet Democracy Project tries to give an overview of the various institutions in the central government of India which are involved in functions of cybersecurity.
The mapping exercise identified the bodies which play a part in understanding how the government treats digital technologies, including:
- centers which are set up for keeping critical networks like power grids secure from interference
- bodies are delegated for the maintenance of the government‘s digital resources and offerings
- both civilian and military intelligence agencies seek to manage security risks
- efforts to enhance indigenous resource capacity- human and otherwise, such as research and development bodies
- governments that represent national interests on the global level regarding the development of internet-related policies and ownership of critical internet resources
Follow this link to see the Indian Government's Cyber Security Institutions