AustCyber's adapted NICE Workforce Framework Dashboard
AustCyber have developed an interactive dashboard informed by the National Initiative for Cyber Security (NICE) workforce framework.
NICE have established a workforce framework that establishes a taxonomy and common lexicon that describes cyber security work and workers irrespective of where or for whom the work is performed.
It is comprised of the following components:
- Categories (7): A high-level grouping of common cyber security functions.
- Specialty Areas (33): Distinct areas of cyber security work.
- Work Roles (52): The most detailed groupings of cyber security work. This includes specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform tasks in a work role.
You can explore the interactive NICE framework dashboard to learn about potential roles in cyber security and the knowledge, skills, abilities and tasks that underpin them.
AustCyber is the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network.
AustCyber was established in 2017 as an independent, not-for-profit organisation and is funded by Australian federal government grants and form a part of two national programs:
1) part of the Australian federal government’s Industry Growth Centres Initiative which was established through the National Innovation and Science Agenda. AustCyber is one of six centres that have been set up in sectors of competitive strength and strategic priority to boost innovation and science in Australia.
2) are an important part of Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy as a key enabler for cyber security research and development, as well as innovation.